Police say Antonio Brown has locked himself in his home after an alleged battery incident involving his trainer and a moving truck driver
- Police in Hollywood, Florida, say Antonio Brown has "locked himself in his house" after the former NFL star became a suspect in an alleged battery incident that authorities say took place at his home.
- Police told ESPN that there was a disturbance between Brown, his trainer, and a moving truck driver outside the wide receiver's home on Tuesday, but details of the incident are unclear.
- Brown's trainer, Glen Holt, has been charged with one count of felony burglary and battery, and police say an investigation into Brown is still ongoing.
- Brown has made headlines repeatedly for his bizarre behavior in the months after he was released from the New England Patriots over a lawsuit filed by his former trainer in which she accused him of sexual assault.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Police in Florida say that Antonio Brown has locked himself in his house after an incident in which authorities say the former NFL star and his trainer battered a moving truck driver.Police told ESPN that 31-year-old Brown had hired a moving truck to take items out of his home on Tuesday. After the movers arrived, a disturbance occurred between the driver, Brown, and Brown's trainer, police said. The details of the alleged incident are unclear.Advertisement
Brown's trainer, Glen Holt, has been charged with one count of felony burglary and battery and was booked into jail on Tuesday night, police said. Brown, who officials say is a suspect, is not in custody and has not yet been arrested.
Hollywood Police Department public information officer Christian Lata told USA Today Sports that officials have tried to contact Brown multiple times but he has not responded. Lata said Brown had "locked himself in his house."Insider has contacted the Hollywood Police Department for further information. Officials said they would have more information on the situation later on Wednesday.
Despite being a suspect in the case, Brown promoted his new music on Twitter Tuesday morning. He then accused people of wanting his reputation to be damaged.
They want my name slandered
In the wake of Taylor's lawsuit, Brown was dropped from Nike and faced a slew of allegations in a Sports Illustrated article, which accused Brown of exposing himself to an artist, intentionally passing gas in a doctor's face, and letting a bunch of piranhas die in a fish tank in his home.Brown posted an Instagram video in which he went on a profanity-laced rant about his ex-girlfriend and the mother of his children, Chelsie Kyriss, and police officers. He also threw a bag of candy penises at police officers.Advertisement
- Read more:
- Antonio Brown's agent has reportedly cut ties with the star receiver and wants Brown to 'get help'
- Antonio Brown went on a profanity-laced tirade, threw penis candies at police, and then posted it all on Instagram
- YouTube star Logan Paul and NFL player Antonio Brown are trading insults online and hinting at a possible boxing match
- Controversial wide receiver Antonio Brown worked out with the New Orleans Saints, but there's little chance he'll actually get to play this season
- Film industry wishes speedy recovery for Big B, son Abhishek after they test COVID-19 positive
- 535 new COVID-19 cases in Assam
- Expand plasma therapy facilities for COVID-19 patients: CM
- West Bengal records biggest single-day jump of 1,344 COVID-19 cases
- Amitabh Bachchan and son Abhishek test positive for COVID-19, hospitalised