Russian special forces rescue 7-year-old boy kidnapped by pedophile suspect following tip-off from US Interpol officer
- A 7-year-old Russian boy kidnapped for 52 days by a suspected pedophile has been rescued after a US
Interpolofficer came across a dark web user with a possible link to the abduction.
- Identified as Savely Rogovtsev by The Mirror, the child had been missing since September 28 after failing to return from school.
- Dmitry Kopylov, 26, a suspected pedophile and resident of Makarikha, Vladimir, was arrested and identified by the Daily Mail.
A 7-year-old Russian boy kidnapped for 52 days by a pedophile suspect has been rescued by Russian special forces after a US Interpol officer came across a dark web user with a possible link to the abduction.
Identified as Savely Rogovtsev by The Mirror, the child had been missing since September 28 after failing to return from school.He had disappeared somewhere between the bus stop and his home in the village of Gorki in the Vladimir region, according to Interpol.
Interpol's Crimes against Children unit passed their data onto their Russian colleagues and the Russian special forces were then able to track down the suspect, an Interpol press release added.Dmitry Kopylov, 26, a resident of Makarikha, Vladimir, was arrested and identified by the Daily Mail.
A video released by
His father, Alexander Rogovtsev, 47, told REN TV: "We always believed that we would find him. He was very happy to see his mother. He hugged and kissed her.
"We are overwhelmed with feeling. It is an explosion of emotion and relief that the ordeal is over. Finally, he is found."Mr Rogovtsev added that Savely had been to the doctors and was healthy and had not have lost any weight but did not want to communicate with anyone except him and his mother.
He added: "He is a normal child. He threw himself around our necks, sat on our laps, a happy child."
- Arecibo Observatory is shutting down — here are some of the most groundbreaking discoveries it inspired, including one that led to a Nobel Prize
- PM to visit 3 vaccine centres in Ahmedabad, Pune & Hyderabad on Sat (Ld)
- India's GDP shrunk 7.5% in July-September — markets had feared much worse
- Oppo ColorOS 11 review — faster, lighter, better, but is it enough?
- Authorities will submit report on coal pollution in 10 days: CM