Witness stops Amazon delivery truck heist using his car to block the hijackers' escape, video shows
- Two men tried to rob an Amazon delivery truck in Houston, Texas, according to police.
- The suspects were unable to reverse the car out of the driveaway because a witness blocked their escape route, footage shows.
- The men were forced to escape on foot and were left empty-handed.
A witness scuppered two men's plans to rob an Amazon delivery truck by blocking their escape route with his car, a video posted on Twitter by the Houston Police Department's Robbery Division shows.
According to the department, an Amazon driver was delivering packages to a suburban home in Houston, Texas, on June 9 when two men wearing protective face masks ran up to him and forced him to back away from his vehicle. One of the men claimed that he had a gun in his pocket, police said.
-Houston Police Robbery (@hpdrobbery) September 24, 2021
Footage of the incident, shared on Friday in a bid to help identify the men, shows the two suspects getting into the delivery truck and trying to back up the vehicle.
"As this was happening, a neighbor witnessed the robbery and blocked the van in the driveway, preventing it from leaving," police said. "The van then backed into the neighbor's SUV, at which time, the suspect in the passenger seat got out of the van, walked around to the driver's side, and talked the other suspect into fleeing on foot instead."
Both suspects fled the location on foot and were left empty-handed, according to police.
Police are now calling on the public to help identify the two suspects and said that information leading to their charging or arrest might result in a cash payment of up to $5,000.
Police have described one of the suspects as a Black male, aged between 25 and 30 years old, and weighing between 180 to 190 pounds. He is thought to be around 5 foot 10 and has a cross tattoo next to his left eye.
The other suspect, also described as a Black male of the same height, weight, and age, has numerous tattoos throughout his body.
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Qatar Airways says it is not accepting passengers on its flights from 2 African nations immediately due to the new Omicron variant
- Gautam Adani, the man who may soon be Asia's richest person, is a college dropout who survived the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks and says he was once kidnapped for ransom
- Paytm Q2 result — Operational revenue crosses ₹1000 crore, loss widens by ₹37 crore
- These Indian states have the highest number of international airports; UP tops the list
- Centre raises Bengal labour budget for creation of 27 cr man-days
- Over a million Ethereum tokens have been burned since the big upgrade, but transaction costs are still a pain point for the network
- Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200