Bihar Lok Sabha Election Result 2019: NDA leaves barely any seats for Congress in the state
|Indian National Congress||1|
The National Democratic Alliance has won 39 seats in Bihar while the Indian National Congress managed to garner just one seat in the state. The BJP had a 23.6% vote share while the JDU had a 21.8% vote share.
The exit polls predicted a clear win for the Bharatiya Janata Party in Bihar. For the state of Bihar which has 40 Lok Sabha seats, the poll of polls predicted a 34-seat win for the National Democratic Alliance. Bihar’s Chief Minister Nitish Kumar from the Janata Dal political party has an alliance with the NDA.
Business Insider compiled surveys from five reputed sources — Republic-C Voter, News18 - IPSOS, Today's Chanakya, India Today-Axis, and TimesNow - VMR — amongst many others and the final number is an average of these five polls.
Political experts will always point out that dynasty politics is always deep rooted in Bihar. We see a number of examples even this time while we glance through the candidates contesting in the Lok Sabha elections 2019. The results are awaited eagerly to know who the people are favoring this time to rule them from the center. There are 40 Lok Sabha constituencies in the state of Bihar. Among them. Not less than 26 are showing up candidates from highly familiar political families. The electoral battle in the state sees Mishra Bharti, the daughter of Lalu Prasad, Chandrika Rai, son of former chief minister Daroga Rai, Randhir Singh, the son of Prabhunath Singh, Meira Kumar and Kirti Azad, the Congress candidates, and Pashupati Nath Paras, the younger brother of Ram Vilas Paswan.
Kirti Azad is actually the third inheritor from the family of a chief minister. His father is Bhagawat Jha Azad, who was the chief minister of Bihar during late nineteen eighties. The other lesser known inheritors of political families are Akilesh Singh, the grandson of Akhilesh Singh - Congress Rajya Sabha MP and Shashwat Kedar, the grandson of Kedar Pandey, the former chief minister. Ashok Yadav, the contesting candidate for Madhubani for BJP is the son of Hukumdeo Narayan Yadav, the sitting MP of BJP.
Popular on BI
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- RBI hikes repo rate by 50 bps, taking it to a three-year high of 5.9% – Das says inflation at ‘alarmingly high levels’ across jurisdictions
- Best camera phone under ₹15000
- Best 5G mobile phones under ₹20000
- 22 lakh Indian IT professionals likely to leave jobs by 2025: Report
- OnePlus says successfully geared up for 5G launch with 5G-ready smartphone portfolio
- This website generates videos from a single image and text for free – here’s all you need to know
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World