Kapil Mishra loses to AAP's Akhilesh Patil Tripathi by more than 10,000 votes in Model Town
- Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) Kapil Mishra has lost in Delhi's Model Town constituency.
- The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) candidate Akhilesh Pati Tripathi came out on top with 52.58% of the vote share.
- Congress candidate Akanksha Ola was only able to garner 4.08% vote.
|Candidate Name||Akhilesh Pati Tripathi||Kapil Mishra||Akanksha Ola|
Just as Chandi Chowk’s Alka Lamba defected from AAP and returned to Congress, Kapil Mishra defected to join the BJP. According to Mishra, chief minister Arvind Kejriwal knows that he’s losing the election, which is why he’s questioning the Election Commission over the delay in poll turnout figures.
.@AamAadmiParty is finding reasons because they're sure that @BJP4Delhi will win the elections: @KapilMishra_IND, L… https://t.co/vYflqsWOqV— TIMES NOW (@TimesNow) 1581248728000
“The people’s mandate is with the BJP. We know the reality as we have worked on the ground. I must say, there is nothing to be surprised about if Kejriwal gets defeated from the New Delhi constituency ” he said.
In 2020, there are 1.7 lakh eligible voters in Model Town — 93,009 male and 75,300 female. Among the electorate, 2,86 voters are first-time voters. According to Election Commission data, the voter turnout in the constituency was at 59.35%.
माँ और जीवनसाथी के साथ हम वोट डालकर आये हैं सर्जिकल स्ट्राइक के सबूत दे कर आये हैं https://t.co/PvFn45YOTQ— Kapil Mishra (@KapilMishra_IND) 1581131227000
|Party||2020 Elections||2015 Elections|
Mishra was forced to resign from AAP after he accused chief minister Arvind Kejriwal of corruption. Since joining the BJP, he’s made headlines for being one of the biggest critics of the AAP.
- GST Council meet: No new tax on food delivery apps Swiggy, Zomato
- SBI, Kotak Mahindra and others cut home loan rates ahead of festive season
- Virat Kohli's T20I journey as captain is better than Dhoni's
- Gen Z decoded: MTV's latest report reflects Gen Z’s behavior patterns,mindsets, habits and perceptions
- From ecommerce to payments — here are the top funded business models of last one year