Delhi election 2020: AAP’s Gopal Rai wins a second term in Babarpur with 84,776 votes
- Social activist and the Convener of Delhi’s ruling Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) — Gopal Rai — won from Babarpur constituency, again.
- It is the same constituency where he won over rival Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) candidate with a margin of over 36,000 votes in 2015 polls.
- He is contesting against BJP’s Naresh Gaur and Anveeksha Jain from Congress.
Social activist and the Convener of Delhi’s ruling Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) — Gopal Rai — won the Delhi assembly election 2020 from Babarpur constituency with a wide margin of 33,062 votes. He was contesting against BJP’s Naresh Gaur and Anveeksha Jain from Congress. It is the same constituency where he won over rival Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) candidate with a margin of over 36,000 votes in 2015 polls.
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 23% OFF
Redmi 9 (Sky Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8499₹ 10999Buy On
- 17% OFF
Redmi Note 10 Lite Aurora Blue 4GB RAM 128GB ROM | Alexa Built-in₹ 14999₹ 15999Buy On
- 28% OFF
OPPO A31 (Mystery Black, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 11490₹ 15990Buy On
- 10% OFF
Redmi Note 10 Pro (Dark Night, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) -120hz Super Amoled Display|64MPwith 5mp Super Tele-Macro₹ 17999₹ 19999Buy On
Redmi Note 10T 5G (Mint Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | Dual5G | 90Hz Adaptive Refresh Rate | MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm Processor₹ 14499₹ 18999Buy On
As a part of the Delhi government, Rai took steps towards the safety of women and children. He initiated the installation of CCTV cameras in his constituency in Delhi. He said that the move will help the government crack down on suspicious activities in the area.
Babarpur was known for daylong congestion and broken roads with potholes — which is now on the path to improvement. “This was a key promise of the government to the people and is being fulfilled today,” he had said while inaugurating the project in his Babarpur constituency.
|Party||2020 Elections||2015 Elections|
Rai, who is a postgraduate in sociology and the Minister of Employment, Development, Labour, General Administration and Irrigation, has been associated with AAP from the time of Anna Hazare’s anti-corruption protests. He is now a key member of AAP’s Political Affairs Committee (PAC).
Pollution crisis, cracking down on unauthorised residential colonies and a full statehood of Delhi are the key issues to be brought up during the assembly polls and campaigns. Kejriwal also told NDTV that clean water supply, ensuring the safety of women and improving public transport are the top priorities of the party.
This is the first time that the national capital is going to polls after the Lok Sabha elections. In the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, BJP bagged all the seats in Delhi.
Delhi Election 2020: Atishi, an Oxford graduate and Rhodes scholar is drawing up AAP’s agenda in the national capital
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal— the man with a knack for Carpe Diem
Delhi Election 2020: Gautam Gambhir, MP, cricketer and commentator, will have a lot of say during Delhi’s upcoming assembly elections
Popular on BI
- CRED's ad featuring Rahul Dravid was the most viral ad in IPL 2021: Report
- Best steel plates for lunch and dinner in India
- Amazon-backed office shuttle service Shuttl finds a saviour in Chalo
- Thermal power plants in Tamil Nadu emit more toxic gases than permissible limits, finds study
- Delhi University rolls out special cut-off list for students who were eligible in first, second and third list but couldn't submit applications