Mamata Banerjee releases TMC's candidate list for Bengal elections
"I have given importance to young people this time while choosing the name of candidates. They all are young people," Banerjee said.
It appeared to be a star-studded affair as the
AdvertisementBanerjee said that she will contest from East Midnapore's Nandigram this time. "I will contest from Nandigram. I keep my promises," she said while releasing the list here at her Kalighat residence.
State power minister and Trinamool Congress veteran Sovandeb Chatterjee will contest from Bhawanipore seat as Mamata chose to contest from Nandigram.
Former Trinamool Councilor and Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC)'s Member of Mayor in council (MMiC) Debashis Kumar will contest from Rashbihari seat, in place of Chatterjee.
The Trinamool supremo also fielded actor Kanchan Mallick, who had joined the Trinamool Congress a few days back, from Hooghly's Uttarpara; Soham Chakraborty from Chandipur; director Raj Chakraborty from Barrackpore; actress Sayantika from Bankura; actress June Malliah from Midnapore sadar; actress Sayani Ghosh from Asansol south; cricketer Manoj Tiwari from Howrah's Shibpur and Kaushani Mukherjee from Krishnanagar north assembly constituency.
West Bengal will go to polls in eight phases between March 27 and April 29. Counting of votes will take place on May 2.
Apple’s new Find My feature updated to prevent stalking as launch of the rumoured AirTags nears
OPINION: Regulating digital news is important but freedom of press is precious
Heranba Industries makes a bumper debut on stock exchanges — shares soar 44% over the issue price band
EXCLUSIVE: Bankers may be working all 31 days of March with the government looking to double the loans doled out under the PM SVANidhi scheme
- Punjab government imposes stricter curbs including extension of night curfew timings in surge of COVID-19 cases
- You can now transfer your Facebook posts to WordPress and Blogger
- JP Morgan is doling out billions to fund the ‘Dirty Dozen’ Super League — the biggest disruption in the history of club football
- Domino’s India data breach allegedly exposes 1 million credit card details, 180 million order details
- Delhi’s one week curfew: checkout what is permitted and what is not