Delhi Election 2020: AAP’s Satyendra Jain wins from North Delhi’s Shakur Basti 51,165 votes — ready for a second term
- AAP's Satyendra Jain has won with 51,165 votes from North Delhi's Shakur Basti constituency.
- He was contesting against BJP's SC Vats and Dev Raj Arora from Congress.
- As the Arvind Kejriwal-led government prepares for a second term, Jain is prioritising healthcare as his key selling point.
|Congress||Dev Raj Arora||3,382|
Jain, who has multiple portfolios to his name — including health, industries, home, public works, power, urban development and transport — was elected from the same constituency in 2015.
|Party||2020 Elections||2015 Elections|
As the Arvind Kejriwal-led government prepares for a second term, Jain is prioritising healthcare as his key selling point. The government had inaugurated 152 new ‘mohalla clinics’ — and called it a ‘world record.’ This accounts to a total of 450 free primary healthcare centres in Delhi — against its target of 1,000.
"Spectacular development initiatives have been possible because the people of Delhi elected a responsible and accountable government in 2015. The development bandwagon should not be stopped, but must be accelerated," Kejriwal said in a bid to woo voters.
The party claims to have served two crore outpatients and conducted 18 lakh tests until November 2019.
Jain has also been working to facilitate forensic labs to crack down on suspects and criminals in the national capital. He opened the Delhi Forensic Science Laboratory and brain and fingerprint facilities, adding that this will create fear among the criminals.
He was an active member of the Jan Lokpal Movement against corruption.
Delhi Election 2020: BJP’s Vijay Goel, who ‘deliberately’ broke traffic rules in Delhi, hopes to re-create Lok Sabha success
Delhi Election 2020: Atishi, an Oxford graduate and Rhodes scholar is drawing up AAP’s agenda in the national capital
Delhi election 2020: Gopal Rai, a minister with multiple portfolios who likes to flash AAP’s ‘report card’ as he seeks votes
- Nourish your plants with cocopeat
- Dr Reddy's shares fell over 3% — the drug maker isolated all data service centers after a cyber attack
- Bajaj Auto is making more money on every vehicle sold — but it is selling too few to grow its profit
- Eros Now deletes its posts sexualising Navratri and apologises for offending internet users
- Best wireless keyboard and mouse combos