Tiktok star Sonali Phogat loses to the son of a 3-time Chief Minister Kuldeep Bishnoi
- Sonali Phogat got a BJP ticket from the Adampur constituency.
- She’s up against Kuldeep Bishnoi from the Congress party.
- Bishnoi won by a margin of 29471
Bishnoi won by a margin of 29471 votes.
Phogat got a BJP ticket from the Adampur constituency. She’s up against Kuldeep Bishnoi from the Congress party. Bishnoi is the son of Bhajan Lal Bishnoi who was the state Chief Minister for 3 terms.
AdvertisementFrom Tiktok to politics
Phogat has a following of over 192,000 on Tiktok, having added many after filing her nomination from Adampur.
She has even famously said that she will be using the short video platform for even development. According to reports, she even went on to become a bigger Google search than Haryana CM Khattar.
She hails from Bhuthan village in Fatehabad and was married to Sanjay Phogat from Haryana. Her husband passed away in 2016.
She has already been at the centre of a controversy for saying that people who didn’t chant ‘Bharat Mata ki Jai’ are Pakistanis. She later apologised for her remark.
"When I said Bharat Mata ki Jai during a rally here, some boys present didn't repeat it. I asked: Did you come from Pakistan? I apologise if someone's feelings are hurt by my saying so," Sonali said in a video apology.
The final result of Haryana state election 2019
Haryana State Election result and Winner list
- The decision not to have a kid is personal — but the social pressure against the choice is all-pervasive
- K'taka budget will focus on welfare of women & their development: CM
- Global consumer spending on apps to reach $270 billion annually by 2025
- Farmers announce series of Mahapanchayats in March
- Huawei aims to make electric cars later this year