BSP leader Mayawati's electricity cut over unpaid bills
The bill of Rs 67,000 had not been paid and power department spokesman said that the disconnection had been done in a 'routine exercise'.
Mayawati's family members promptly deposited a sum of Rs 50,000 after which the power supply was re-connected to her house.
A senior official of the power department in Lucknow said that there was no politics in the incident. "We are disconnecting power supply wherever the bills are pending and this case was just one of them. The power supply has been restored."
- 2 more test COVID-19 positive in UP's Shamli district
- With 242 cases in a day, Bihar's COVID tally soars to 3,806
- 123 more test positive for COVID-19 in Assam; total count 1,339
- 48 COVID-19 cases reported in a day in Gautam Buddh Nagar; total 453
- Top bureaucrats under quarantine after senior IAS officer tests COVID-19 positive in J-K