Yes Bank Crisis: Congress raises question over Rana Kapoor's links with BJP
- Congress chief spokesperson,
Randeep Singh Surjewalasaid, BJP must talk about an increase in bad loans at Yes Bankin the last five years.
- The Congress alleged the loans given by Yes Bank rose 100 per cent in just two years.
Responding to the BJP allegations on Yes Bank promoter Rana Kapoor's links with the Congress, Surjewala said the government must answer around Rs 2,00,000 crore rise in Yes Bank loan book from Rs 55,633 crore in March 2014 to Rs 2,41,499 crore in March 2019, and not obfuscate the real issue of people's money sinking into a
The relation between the BJP and Kapoor "is well-known", Surjewala said and added, why did the Prime Minister address a Yes Bank-sponsored conference on March 6, despite "the RBI moratorium."
The Congress alleged the loans given by Yes Bank rose 100 per cent in just two years after demonetisation from Rs 98,210 crore in March 2016 to Rs 2,03,534 crore in March 2018.
Also, the BJP government of Haryana deposited over Rs 1,000 crore in Yes Bank just a month ago, knowing that it was sinking, he said and wondered if Devendra Fadnavis-led BJP government in Maharashtra also deposited money in the private bank.
"How does an M.F. Hussain painting of Rajiv Gandhi sold 10 years ago by
Popular on BI
- Discover what's new in iOS 17: Your ultimate guide to the latest features
- Hyderabad-based ethnic retailer Sai Silks Kalamandir IPO subscribed 4.4x
- After JP Morgan, Indian bonds set to enter other global bond indices; capital raising for infra push to get a boost
- 10 calcium-rich foods to ward Off calcium deficiency
- Amazon introduces next-gen of Echo smart devices with new-age AI