Diesel extends gain over petrol in Delhi after 7-day pause
With the increase, diesel is priced at Rs 80.78 a litre in the National Capital, up from Rs 80.53 a litre on Monday. The oil companies, however, kept petrol prices unchanged across the country, resulting in diesel extending its gain in Delhi from 10 paisa earlier to 35 paisa now.
Delhi is the only metro city where Diesel is priced higher than petrol and this has been maintained since June 24, when for the time ever the transportation fuel climbed up over petrol.
AdvertisementApart from Delhi, diesel is still cheaper than petrol by Rs 6-8 per litre in other metro cities. Diesel is priced at Rs 79.05 a litre in
Officials in oil marketing companies said that diesel prices are seeing more volatility in international market so the price changes in the fuel segment has been higher. But with global oil prices also rising again and set to touch $43 a barrel, the expectation is that fuel prices may again see an uptick in coming days.
Before Tuesday, Fuel prices have remained unchanged for the seven consecutive days since June 30 across the four metros.
Prices of the transportation fuel have had a pause after rising to record levels in 23 of the past 31 days after the oil marketing companies (OMC) resumed the daily price revision system from June 7 that kept the petrol and diesel prices to rise incessantly till June 29.
During the daily hike till June 29, diesel prices in Delhi recorded a new feat by overtaking petrol prices, making the common man feel the heat.
SEE ALSO: TCS shares are hot again as investors hope for a quarterly surprise
HUL vs Emami — A lawyer explains what’s fair and not in the battle of brands
Popular on BI
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- All that you need to know if you are travelling to the UK
- Indian financial system steadily maturing, as it moves away from being bank-led to a hybrid one, says RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das
- Spotify set to overtake Apple Podcasts by the end of this year: eMarketer
- Bitcoin scammers used Apple's iPhone 13 reveal to steal $69,000 from fans
- Mirror, mirror on the wall; when will you stop judging us all: asks Taapsee Pannu in her latest ad with SUGAR Cosmetics