GMR Infra shares soar 10% after it divests entire stake in Kakinada SEZ to Aurobindo Realty
GMR Infrastructuredivested its entire 51% stake in Kakinada SEZ Ltd to Aurobindo Realty.
- The company said the divestment proceeds will be used majorly to reduce the indebtedness of GMR Group.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
In a regulatory filing, GMR Infrastructure announced the signing of definitive agreements for the sale of entire 51% stake owned by its wholly-owned subsidiary GMR SEZ and Port Holding Ltd (GSPHL) in Kakinada SEZ Ltd (KSEZ) to Aurobindo Realty and Infrastructure Pvt Ltd.
"As part of the proposed transfer of stake of KSEZ, the 100 per cent equity stake of Kakinada Gateway Port Ltd (KGPL) held by KSEZ would also be transferred to Aurobindo Realty. Total consideration for the sale of equity stake as well as the sub-debt in KSEZ is ₹2,610 crore," the company said.
GMR Infra said out of the total consideration, ₹1,600 crore would be received on the closing date and balance 1,010 crore would be received in next 2 to 3 years, which is contingent upon certain agreed milestones.
Proceeds will be used majorly to reduce the indebtedness of GMR Group.
KSEZ is engaged in the business of implementation of a port-based multi-product special economic zone project at Kakinada, East Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh and KGPL has the concession granted by the Andhra Pradesh government to set up a greenfield commercial port in the state.
The sale transaction shall be subject to receipt of regulatory and other statutory approvals, the company added.
SEE ALSO: US President Donald Trump offers help on India-China border tensions — again
COVID-19 vaccine from Novavax begins late-stage trials in the UK — recruits 10,000 people for the study
- NASSCOM says Budget 2021 should ensure ESOPs are taxed only when shares are sold
- Asian Paints profit jumps 62% led by a powerful performance in the decorative paint segment
- How to apply for Home First Finance Company IPO
- Cryptocurrency startup BuyUcoin hacked, data of over 3 lakh users leaked
- Microsoft Surface Laptop Go with 10th gen Intel Core i5 processor launched starting at ₹63,499