HCL turns one of its offices in Noida into a Coronavirus control room
- HCL Technologies turned one of its offices in Noida into an Integrated Corona Control Room.
- People can call into the control centre with any queries they have about Coronavirus on the toll free number, 1800-491-2211.
- The control room will also be used to monitor patients under home quarantine.
We thank @noida_authority for the partnership to set up the Integrated Corona Control Room as we fight together aga… https://t.co/p9468Wv2sw— hcltech (@hcltech) 1586106462000
The goals of the control room are multifaceted. People can call in by dialing the toll free number, 1800-491-2211. The company will then screen the incoming calls and questions, before deciding which ones should be forwarded to doctors. All the doctors on call have been appointed by the government. If anyone calls in reporting symptoms or thinking that they have Coronavirus, the doctors will recommend what steps should be taken next.
The control room will also be used to monitor the cases being reported. The attendants will follow up on any unconfirmed, suspected, and foreign return cases.
In addition, the control room will use mobile tracking to monitor individuals who are under home quarantine in order to ensure that they abide by the regulations.
However, the IT giant isn’t going at it alone. It has Noida’s administration, police, and health to help as well as the authorities from Greater Noida.
“This center will play a critical part in our response to the pandemic and also help us safeguard our citizens,” said the district magistrate, Suhas LY.
In March, an employee of HCL Technologies was one of the first to test positive for Covid-19. Currently, 75% of the company’s India-based employees are working from home. The IT giant does not expect the impact of Coronavirus to have a “significant” bearing on its business.
“Our exposure to the more impacted verticals are not significant. Booking during this quarter has largely been on track as a significant part of closures happened in January,” HCL Technologies said in a statement.
(With inputs from PTI)
A tiger at the Bronx Zoo tested positive for COVID-19 after coming into contact with an asymptomatic caretaker
Queen Elizabeth says we will succeed in fight against Covid-19
Good ol’ ambassador has been redesigned into a swanky electric car
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank is down nearly 5% as concerns over Clix Capital merger deepen
- Top stock movers — RIL, Future Group companies, VA Tech Wabag, PNB, HDFC, and more
- This gaming startup’s in-game brand placements is helping them win over both gamers and advertisers
- BharatPe’s strategy to ride on the back of IPL and Bollywood’s popularity
- Best table fans for home in India