Rajasthan BJP to move no-confidence motion against Ashok Gehlot led-Congress government
- BJP state president Satish Poonai said the motion will be moved on Friday.
- After the meeting, Kataria told reporters that the motion of no confidence will be moved in the assembly session beginning Friday. He said the proposal was being finalised.
- He said even though the political crisis in the Congress has been resolved, all is still not good in that party as "one is going to east and the other to west".
The BJP in Rajasthan will move a motion of no confidence against the Ashok Gehlot-led Congress government in the
After the meeting, Kataria told reporters that the motion of no confidence will be moved in the assembly session beginning Friday. He said the proposal was being finalised.
Advertisement"Coronavirus cases are on the rise and the law and order situation is badly deteriorating. Attempts were made to link those, who were arrested by the SOG (Special Operations Group) over allegations of conspiring to topple the government, with BJP but the government failed in this. We will mention all these issues in the proposal," Kataria said.
He said even though the political crisis in the Congress has been resolved, all is still not good in that party as "one is going to east and the other to west".
BJP state president Satish Poonai said the motion will be moved on Friday.
He said the BJP and its ally Rashtriya Loktantrik Party (RLP) have a total of 75 MLAs and of them, 74 were present in Thursday's legislature party meeting held at the BJP's office.
He said union agriculture minister
Poonia aleged that the Ashok Gehlot-led state government is a "government of contradictions".
AdvertisementBJP MLA Madan Dilawar, who has challenged in the high court the merger of six
"This government is unstable and the works of people are not being done. We already had our preparations for the motion but it was finalised today in the meeting after taking the MLAs in confidence," he said.
Dilawar also said all 75 BJP and RLP MLAs will support the motion.
AdvertisementBJP national vice president and former chief minister
The opposition party's decision comes days after an "amicable resolution" of the nearly month-long political cisis in Rajasthan.
Congress leader Sachin Pilot had openly rebelled against chief minister Gehlot last month along with 18 other party MLAs. He was then sacked as deputy chief minister and the party's Rajasthan chief.
AdvertisementThe Congress on Monday had said the crisis in Rajasthan was a "closed chapter" and all legislators supporting its government will work towards strengthening the state government and fighting COVID-19 and economic calamities.
Trump was rushed from the briefing room by Secret Service after a shooting outside the White House
McKinsey, Facebook, Amazon, Nokia — and some other companies looking for a product manager right now
A WhatsApp message, six weeks of talks and a $300 million deal – how Karan Bajaj sold his less than 18-month old startup White Hat Jr to Byju’s
- Nissan India expands dealership and service station network ahead of Magnite launch next month
- Xiaomi sub-brand Redmi launches its first smartwatch for $45
- DHFL resolution: Adani Group, Piramal Enterprises and Oaktree may submit fresh bids for the entire portfolio
- Air India waives rescheduling, no-show charges amid farmers' protest for passengers flying out of Delhi Airport
- Admitad India drove sales worth Rs 17 crore during Diwali through Affiliate Marketing