UP government orders opening of all private hospitals
The hospital owners said that the hospitals are closed as the staff is unable to come to the hospitals due to lockdown while the hospitals come under essential services.
The state government issued an order to the District Magistrates of all the districts on Monday saying that action should be taken if private hospitals are not opened.
Chief Secretary R.K. Tiwari said patients can be treated in the hospitals following social distancing. Availability of medical staff and medicines is necessary in the hospitals and action will be taken against the hospital operators who violate the instructions, he added.
Popular on BI
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- Mark Zuckerberg reportedly said he doesn't like seeing 'managers managing managers,' fueling speculation of more layoffs
- The future of banking is entirely digital
- Study find out the potential cause of dementia
- Odisha Health Minister shot at by police officer
- Rajinikanth issues public notice on infringement of rights, warns legal action
- Govt likely to float global tender for HPV vaccine in April; Merck, Serum Institute may participate
- Finance Ministry to stick to privatisation of already announced CPSEs next fiscal