A Denver talk radio host was fired mid-show after he criticized Trump on air
Craig Silverman/Facebook, Drew Angerer/Getty Images
- A Denver talk radio host was fired during his show after he criticized President Donald Trump.
- Craig Silverman hosted "The Craig Silverman Show," on a conservative radio station that he said dismissed him after he aired a segment on Roy Cohn, a ruthless attorney who rose to fame after representing the Trump family in the 1970s.
- Silverman wrote online after his termination that he rejects the "Trump party line" and calls "things as I see them."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
A Denver talk radio host was fired during his Saturday program after criticizing President Donald Trump.Craig Silverman hosted "The Craig Silverman Show," which aired Saturday mornings on 710 KNUS, a conservative radio station. Denver's Fox 31 reported that Silverman was fired after airing a segment about Roy Cohn, a ruthless attorney who had little to no regard to ethical guidelines in his work and rose to fame after representing the Trump family in the 1970s.
In replying to a tweet of support, Silverman wrote online Saturday night that he rejects the "Trump party line.""I cannot and will not toe strict Trump party line," Silverman wrote on Twitter. "I call things as I see them. I see corruption and blatant dishonesty by President and his cronies. I also see bullying/smearing of American heroes w/courage to take oath and tell truth. Their bravery inspires me."
Joe Walsh, a longtime conservative figure and 2020 Republican presidential hopeful, wrote on Twitter that Silverman was "a great, honest voice on the radio" and his firing was "pathetic."The incident came one day after Silverman posted a Facebook status praising the US former envoy to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch as "an American hero" for testifying in the impeachment hearings against Trump.Later in the post, he asks listeners to tune into his show for "independent analysis of the most important events of our time," and that they "be prepared to be challenged."
Fox 31 reported that Silverman was slated to appear on CNN's media-centric show "Reliable Sources" Sunday morning.
Pathetic. @craigscolorado was a great, honest voice on the radio. But @SalemMediaGrp & almost all of conservative talk radio don't want honesty. They want Trump worship. Salem got rid of @MedvedSHOW because he wouldn't worship Trump & they pressured me to worship Trump. Pathetic. https://t.co/DYsoogd3cK- Joe Walsh (@WalshFreedom) November 17, 2019
NOW WATCH: Why Coca-Cola invented Fanta in Nazi Germany
- Initial assessment of adverse events didn't necessitate stoppage of vaccine trials: ICMR
- Phase 2 and 3 clinical trials for Sputnik vaccine commence
- 'Delhi chalo': After Singhu and Tikri, Delhi Police closes Chilla border due to farmers' protest
- Manforce Condoms promotes its competitors in its latest ad for World AIDS Day
- Sensex, Nifty close at record high on recovery hopes, vaccine boost