List of new bills passed In 2019 in parliament by Narendra Modi govt
- The 17th Parliament ended the winter session on December 13, 2019 which concluded the parliament’s discussions for the year 2019
- Among the 59 bills introduced, a total number of 45 bills passed becoming law in the year
- Here is a list of the bills passed in both the houses in 2019 with a short overview
1. The Constitution (One Hundred Twenty-Sixth Amendment) Bill, 2019.
Resolves and clarifies some issues that came up over the recent past and aims to strengthen the insolvency and bankruptcy code 2016 framework.
Advertisement2. The Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2019
Makes some classes of specified illegal entrants to the country eligible to become Indian citizens.
3. The Appropriation (No. 3) Bill, 2019
The bill authorizes the
4. The Arms (Amendment) Bill, 2019
The bill gives room for giving the maximum punishment of life time imprisonment for manufacturing and transporting illegal arms.
5. The National Capital Territory of Delhi (Recognition of Property Rights of Residents in Unauthorised Colonies) Bill, 2019
The Bill makes it possible to recognize the rights over property of some residents of some unauthorised colonies in Delhi, the National Capital.
Advertisement6. The Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu (Merger of Union Territories) Bill, 2019
This bill creates room for merging these three union territories in order to bring down administrative costs and ease administration.
7. The Taxation Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2019
Gives some tax concessions in order to boost up the investments in the manufacturing sector.
Advertisement8. The International Financial Services Centres Authority Bill, 2019.
The act sets up a single authority for regulating all financial services in IFSCs in the country.
9. The Recycling of Ships Bill, 2019
Creates room for the safe and environmentally sound recycling of ships.
Advertisement10. The Special Protection Group (Amendment) Bill, 2019
The bill intends to reduce the special protection group cover only for the Prime Minister, former Prime Minister and all their immediate family members for about 5 years after they step down from their post.
11. The Prohibition of Electronic Cigarettes (Production, Manufacture, Import, Export, Sale, Distribution, Storage and Advertisement) Bill, 2019
The law bans the trading, advertising, storing, and transporting of e-cigarettes on grounds of studies indicating that they might create a new line of nicotine users.
Advertisement12. The Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Bill, 2019.
The Bill gives scope for reorganizing the state of Jammu and Kashmir into two Union Territories namely Jammu and Kashmir and Union Territory of Ladakh.
13. The Supreme Court (Number of Judges) Amendment Bill, 2019
This bill increases the number of Supreme Court judges from 30 to 33.
Advertisement14. The Chit Funds (Amendment) Bill, 2019
This bill is meant to streamline the operations of collective funds management in the country.
15. The National Institute of Design (Amendment) Bill, 2019
The aim of the bill is to declare four national institutes of design across four states (Assam, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh) as institutions of national importance.
Advertisement16. The Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2019
The ordinance makes it possible for some domestic companies to move to a lower income tax rate provided they do not claim some kinds of deductions.
17. The Repealing and Amending Bill, 2019
This bill repeals 68 Acts in whole and makes some small amendments to (i) the Beedi Workers Welfare Fund Act, 1976, and (ii) the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act, 2001.
Advertisement18. The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Bill, 2019
This amendment aims to remove the challenges, streamlines the insolvency resolution process in the corporate world and protects the last mile funding for boosting up the investments in the financially affected sectors.
19. The Codes on Wages, 2019
The ordinance seeks to create a floor wage as the guideline across the country for fixing the minimum wages to different classes of workers.
Advertisement20. The National Medical Commission Bill, 2019
He bill paves way for replacing the MCI with a new body since it is fond plagued with corruption.
21. The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill, 2019
The provisions of the bill aims to prevent discrimination of transgender persons in the society.
Advertisement22. The Banning of Unregulated Deposit Schemes Bill, 2019
Tis bill brings in a mechanism for banning the unregulated schemes for deposit in order to take care of the interests of the depositors.
23. The Right to Information (Amendment) Bill, 2019
The bill alters the terms and conditions governing the offices of the Chief Information Commissioner.
Advertisement24. The Protection of Children from sexual Offences (Amendment) Bill 2019
The bill intends to protect children from sexual harassment, sexual assault and pornography.
25. The Appropriation (No. 2) Bill, 2019
This bill permits the government to borrow Rs 98.18 crore for the Consolidated fund of India to meet the country’s expenditure in 2019-20.
Advertisement26. The Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill,2019
A measure to bring down accidents due to negligent driving, the act increases the penalties for driving errors.
27. The Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Bill,2019
Seeks to make the arbitration processes friendly and robust with a focus on easing the doing of business in the country.
Advertisement28. The Airports Economic Regulatory Authority of India (Amendment) Bill,2019
Meant to increase the threshold of airports in India, the bill changes the definition of what is a major airport in the country.
29. The Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Amendment Bill, 2019
Ventures to bring in a tough law to uproot terrorist activities in the country.
Advertisement30. The National Investigation Agency (Amendment) Bill, 2019
Projecting the government zero tolerance policy towards terrorism, the bill seeks to broaden NIA’s powers and prosecute the offenders in a stricter way.
31. The Protection of Human Rights (Amendment) Bill, 2019
Advancing the interests of protecting human rights, the bill creates room for the establishment of National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), State Human Rights Commissions (SHRC), as well as Human Rights Courts.
Advertisement32. The Consumer Protection Bill, 2019
Replacing the outdated consumer protection laws, this bill tightens the rules to further protect the interests of the customers in India.
33. The Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorized Occupants) Amendment Bill, 2019
This ordinance creates room for evicting unauthorized occupants from certain public places.
Advertisement34. The Jallianwala Bagh National Memorial (Amendment) Bill, 2019
The law seeks to lift the party politics in the national memorial and create a new trust to administer the site.
35. The Central Universities (Amendment)Bill,2019
The bill was passed to give room for the creation of a central university and a tribal university in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
Advertisement36. The Finance (No. 2) Bill, 2019
This law amends the earlier income tax act and reduces the corporate taxes.
37. The New Delhi International Arbitration center Bill, 2019
Gives room to create a centralized and independent arbitration enter in India to manage arbitrations in the country in a better way.
Advertisement38. The Jammu and Kashmir Reservation (Amendment) Bill, 2019
This act makes it possible to make reservations in the state and central government posts and seats in educational institutions for the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
39. The Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in Teachers Cadre) Bill, 2019
Creates room for reserving the teaching positions for SC, ST, economically weaker and socially and environmentally weaker persons in the Central Educational Institutions.
Advertisement40. The Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Bill, 2019
This act creates a Medical Council of India to regulate the education and practice of medicine in India.
41. The Dentists (Amendment) Bill, 2019
In order to regulate the profession of dentistry in India, the act creates (i) the Dental Council of India, (ii) State Dental Councils, and (iii) Joint State Dental Councils.
Advertisement42. The Aadhaar and Other Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2019
The law regulates, clarifies and amends some procedures related to Aadhaar in a way of easing and streamlining the use of Aadhaar identity card in India.
43. The Special Economic Zones (Amendment) Bill, 2019
Creates room for establishing, managing and developing special economic zones in the country.
Advertisement44. The Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill, 2019
The bill declares that all kinds of talaq both verbal and written as illegal in order to safeguard the interests of the Muslim women in the country.
45. The Homoeopathy Central Council (Amendment) Bill, 2019
This ordinance amends the Homepathy Central Council Act, 1973 and sets up a council to regulate the practice of Homeopathy in India.
Popular on BI
- Scheduled international passenger flights to remain suspended till Jan 31, says DGCA
- The next three months are gonna be costly
- India’s most valued bootstrapped companies in 2021 — World’s biggest COVID-19 vaccine maker rules the roost
- Amazon outage causes seven hour disruption at crypto exchanges, raises questions on 'decentralisation'
- Global cellular IoT module shipments reportedly grow 70% in third quarter