Exit poll shows Boris Johnson's Conservative party is on course for a big majority in the UK general election
- Boris Johnson is on course to win a parliamentary majority according to the official UK exit poll.
- The poll points to a clear majority for Johnson's Conservative Party.
- Official election results will start to come in from midnight.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Boris Johnson's Conservatives are set to win a clear majority in the United Kingdom's general election, according to the official UK exit poll published on Thursday evening.The nationwide poll conducted on behalf of Britain's major broadcasters indicates that Johnson is likely to succeed in winning most seats in the UK parliament after three years of Brexit deadlock.Advertisement
Early indications are that the party has made significant gains in Brexit-voting Labour areas in Northern England and the Midlands, which will outweigh their losses in pro-European areas in the South.
The first batch of results from the UK's 650 constituencies are set to come in from midnight, with final results expected mid-morning on Friday.
Is the exit poll reliable?
General election 2019 results
This is a developing story...Our Brexit Insider Facebook group is the best place for up-to-date news and analysis about Britain's departure from the EU, direct from Business Insider's political reporters. Join here.
- Noida: 64 people arrested, 1,904 vehicles penalised for violating COVID-19 curbs
- Employ youths who returned due to lockdown in construction of AIIMS in Assam: Sonowal to contractor
- COVID-19 tally in Nashik goes beyond 7,000-mark; deaths 332
- Pune records highest single-day spike of 1,088 COVID-19 cases
- Maha BJP chief alleges corruption in COVID-19 fight in state