Federal prosecutors are reportedly still probing Giuliani's activities in Ukraine even after the impeachment trial ended in acquittal for Trump
- Federal prosecutors are still investigating Rudy Giuliani, the president's personal attorney, even after President Donald Trump's impeachment trial acquittal in the Senate.
- Trump was impeached on two counts in December of 2019, stemming from a July 25 call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky where he discussed his political opponents and asked Zelensky to do him "a favor."
- Giuliani was a main figure in the impeachment inquiry, related to his dealings in Ukraine.
- The US Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York is reportedly looking into Giuliani's and two associates' activity in Ukraine.
- Meanwhile, Attorney General William Barr has set up an process to receive Giuliani's claims about former Vice President Joe Biden.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
At the center of the impeachment inquiry was a phone call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, where Trump discussed a conspiracy theory related to the 2016 election and former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden, who previously sat on the board of a Ukrainian gas company. The president has called the call "perfect" and denied any wrongdoing.The call prompted an inquiry into allegations that the president was using a nearly $400 million in congressionally-mandated military aid to Ukraine and a coveted White House visit to pressure Zelensky into announcing investigations into political rivals.
Sources told The Post that prosecutors in New York sought evidence and contacted witnesses as early as last week in relation to the probe against Giuliani and his associates.At the same time, the Justice Department said this week that it has set up an "intake process" in order to fact check claims that Giuliani has made about former Vice President Joe Biden in Ukraine.
- Jharkhand is the only state holding out against the Indian government's suggested formula on GST compensation
- PhonePe raises $700 million at a $5.5 billion valuation, will operate as a separate entity
- The mascot for Indian masala is no more — some pics that take you on a trip through the icon’s journey
- AWS and Deloitte new ‘Cloud Garage’ in Mumbai will allow companies to experiment with their solutions before taking them live
- Rural India likely to bounce back faster than urban: Kantar and GroupM report