GOP Rep. Devin Nunes' phone calls with Giuliani and one of his indicted Ukrainian associate showed up in the House's impeachment report
- Republican Rep. Devin Nunes of California was on multiple phone calls with several key figures implicated in the impeachment inquiry not long before Marie Yovanovitch was recalled as US ambassador to Ukraine.
- On Tuesday, the House Intelligence Committee released its report on its central findings in the impeachment inquiry.
- The report said that in April, "phone records show contacts" between Nunes, former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani, the Ukrainian businessman Lev Parnas, and the investigative reporter John Solomon.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
This story is breaking. Check back for updates.The House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday released its report on its central findings in the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump, and buried within it were details on multiple phone calls between Republican Rep. Devin Nunes of California and several key figures implicated in the inquiry.Advertisement
Nunes is the ranking member on the House Intelligence committee and one of Trump's staunchest defenders in Congress.
The report said that in April, "phone records show contacts" between Nunes, former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani, the Ukrainian businessman Lev Parnas, and the investigative reporter John Solomon.Solomon has written several articles for The Hill peddling conspiracy theories about Ukrainian election interference, and Giuliani is Trump's personal lawyer.
Giuliani has largely emerged as Trump's point-man in the Ukrainian pressure campaign, and has been heavily implicated in a broad, shadowy effort to pressure Ukraine to launch investigations that would be advantageous to Trump's reelection campaign. The former New York City mayor and Parnas were also instrumental in engineering the removal of Marie Yovanovitch, the US's ambassador in Ukraine.Yovanovitch was recalled from her position in May, several weeks after Nunes' conversations with Giuliani and Parnas. "Phone records also show contacts on April 10 between Mr. Giuliani and Rep. Nunes, consisting of three short calls in rapid succession, followed by a text message, and ending with a nearly three minute call," the report said. It continued, "Later that same day, Mr. Parnas and Mr. Solomon had a four minute, 29 second call."Advertisement
- Suresh Raina retires from international cricket, 'joins MS Dhoni in his journey'
- M S Dhoni retires from International cricket, will continue to play IPL
- Arunachal CM launches entrepreneurship plan to boost economy
- Meghalaya has set up task force to revive economy: Sangma
- Google may replace Duo video calling app with Meet