House Speaker Nancy Pelosi appeared to rip up pages of Trump's State of the Union address after he finished speaking
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi appeared to rip up pages of President Donald Trump's State of the Union address once he finished delivering it Tuesday night.
- Before the speech, Trump appeared to reject a handshake from Pelosi.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
At the end of President Donald Trump's State of the Union address Tuesday night, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi appeared to rip up the pages of the speech as Trump left the lectern to applause from the rest of the chamber.
The stunning gesture of rebuke from Pelosi came after Trump appeared to snub the House Speaker when she attempted to shake his hand before his speech as he handed copies to Pelosi and Vice President Mike Pence.
The open displays of contempt between the two leaders comes nearly two months after Pelosi spearheaded Trump's impeachment on charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.
- RBI extends deadline to exchange, deposit Rs 2,000 notes till Oct 7
- Explained: TCS on your child's overseas education and mitigating strategies
- From Pixel 8 to Galaxy S23 FE – smartphones launching in October 2023
- World Cup 2023 final squads – Ind, Aus, Eng and all the other teams
- Eating your way to clear vision: 10 foods for healthy eyes