Michael Bloomberg qualifies for Democratic Party debate in Las Vegas
- Michael Bloomberg has gained 15 points since December, and is now polling at number two after Bernie Sanders.
- This means he meets the threshold required by the Democratic National Committee to attend the debate on Wednesday.
- A NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist survey found that Bloomberg is polling at 19%, second only to Bernie Sanders.
- This is the first time Bloomberg has qualified.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Micheal Bloomberg has qualified for the Democratic Party debate in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Wednesday. It is the first time he has done so.Bloomberg has gained 15 points since December, according to a NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist survey, polling at 19% across the US.Advertisement
Bloomberg therefore meets the threshold required by the Democratic National Committee to attend the debate on Wednesday.
It is the fourth time that Bloomberg has polled at 10% across the US, which means he can participate in the next debate.Bernie Sanders leads the pack Democratic Party 2020 challengers, with 31 points.
- U'khand records 42 fresh COVID-19 cases; tally 1,085
- India to join UK-led virtual Global Vaccine Summit
- Tottenham says person at club positive for virus
- 25-yr-old man from Uttarakhand tests positive for COVID-19 in Chandigarh
- Undertake ENT operations for COVID-19 patients only in emergency cases: Health Min