Nancy Pelosi responded to Trump's latest Twitter insult, saying 'every knock from him is a boost'
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said that "every knock from him is a boost" from President Donald Trump as he took aim at her on Twitter.
- Pelosi responded to a tweet posted by the president just before she appeared on ABC's "This Week" that labeled her "Crazy Nancy."
- Trump has a long history of targeting Pelosi with nicknames and insults, but his latest tear came as Pelosi announced that she was preparing to send articles of impeachment to the Senate next week.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 29999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
"It's Sunday morning, I'd like to talk about some more pleasant subjects than the erratic nature of this president of the United States," Pelosi said. "But he has to know that every knock from him is a boost."Pelosi then responded to Trump's tweet and previous comments that she is "obsessed" with impeachment, adding that the president was initially fixated on her needing to impeach former President George W. Bush. Initially, Pelosi said she had decided Trump was "not worth" impeachment, but his violation of the Constitution in his contact with Ukraine ultimately "could not be ignored."
"So again, I don't like to spend too much time on his crazy tweets, because everything he says is a projection," she said. "When he calls someone crazy he knows that he is. Everything he says you can just translate it back to who he is.""Let's be optimistic about the future, a future that will not have Donald Trump in the White House one way or another," she concluded.Trump has a long history of targeting Pelosi over his Twitter feed, but his latest tear came as Pelosi announced that she was preparing to send articles of impeachment to the Senate next week.
The two articles are centered on Trump's contact with Ukraine, in which he appeared to solicit interference from a foreign government ahead of the 2020 election in exchange for withheld military aid so long as the country investigated former Vice President Joe Biden, a fellow 2020 hopeful, and his son Hunter.
George @GStephanopoulos, ask Crazy Nancy why she allowed Adam "Shifty" Schiff to totally make up my conversation with the Ukrainian President & read his false words to Congress and the world, as though I said it? He got caught! Ask why hearing was most unfair & biased in history?- Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 12, 2020
JUST IN: Speaker Nancy Pelosi responds to Trump's tweets, telling @GStephanopoulos, "I don't like to spend too much time on his crazy tweets because everything he says is a projection. When he calls somebody crazy, he knows that he is." https://t.co/G6Ef3GUsED pic.twitter.com/8cWuCN8N8P- This Week (@ThisWeekABC) January 12, 2020
- Let budget bring resurgence, TN CM Stalin advises officials
- Tokyo Olympics: PV Sindhu bags bronze medal in Women's singles badminton for India
- GST revenue collection for July rises by 33% with ₹1,16,393 crore
- Policy ignition: India's satellite navigation sector set for higher growth trajectory
- COVID-19 cases in Kerala are spiking due to good detection, better reporting and early easing of restrictions