Sajid Javid resigns as chancellor in a dramatic blow to Boris Johnson
Jack Taylor/Getty Images
Sajid Javid has resigned as UK Chancellor in a dramatic blow to Prime Minister Boris Johnson.Javid quit on Thursday as Johnson was re-shuffling his Cabinet. Advertisement
However, the prime minister wanted Javid to stay in his post, and had no plans to fire him.
Javid resigned in protest after Johnson said all of his special advisers had to leave their positions, according to The Sun's Tom Newton Dunn.Javid is set to replaced by Rishi Sunak, according to multiple reports.
More follows...Our Brexit Insider Facebook group is the best place for up-to-date news and analysis about Britain's departure from the EU, direct from Business Insider's political reporters. Join here.
- 2 more test COVID-19 positive in UP's Shamli district
- With 242 cases in a day, Bihar's COVID tally soars to 3,806
- 123 more test positive for COVID-19 in Assam; total count 1,339
- 48 COVID-19 cases reported in a day in Gautam Buddh Nagar; total 453
- Top bureaucrats under quarantine after senior IAS officer tests COVID-19 positive in J-K