The mother of Hunter Biden's secret child is asking him to cover the $11,000 cost of taking up the paternity case
Pablo Martinez Monsivais / AP
- A DNA test revealed that Hunter Biden was the father of a baby in Arkansas, according to court documents filed on Wednesday in Independence County, Arkansas.
- The baby's mother, Lunden Alexis Roberts, filed a petition to prove paternity in May, asking that Biden pay child support and healthcare for the child.
- After a DNA test revealed Biden was the child's father, Roberts filed court documents asking she be awarded $11,057.80 for the legal fees she incurred in the case.
- Her lawyers said the costs were incurred "as a direct result of [Biden]'s refusal to continue to support his child and the course of the litigation in this case."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
After a DNA test revealed Hunter Biden was the father of a baby in Arkansas, the child's mother has asked Biden to pay the $11,000 cost of her paternity case.According to court documents filed on Wednesday in Independence County, Arkansas, the baby's mother, Lunden Alexis Roberts, spent $11,057.80 trying to prove Biden was the father of her child.Advertisement
Her lawyers said Roberts incurred the costs "as a direct result of [Biden]'s refusal to continue to support his child and the course of the litigation in this case."
She's asking that the court award her $11,057.80 and "all other just and proper relief to which she might be entitled."Roberts first filed a paternity case against Biden in May. She said she had been in a relationship with Biden, which resulted in a child that was born in August 2018.
Her paternity petition asked that Biden pay child support and healthcare for the child.At the time the child was born, Biden was dating his late brother Beau's widow, Hallie Biden. Page Six reported in April that Hunter and Hallie Biden had recently broken up. In May, he married Melissa Cohen.Wednesday's filing also mentioned Hunter's father Joe Biden's presidential campaign.Advertisement
The filing said Biden is "considered by some to be the person most likely to win his party's nomination and challenge President Trump on the ballot in 2020."
It also noted that members of the Biden family are protected by the US Secret Service, suggesting that the child would also need protection.
- Read more:
- The life of Hunter Biden: How Joe Biden's middle child landed in Trump's impeachment inquiry and a paternity scandal of his own
- A mother who claims Hunter Biden fathered her child went public with a DNA test because he stopped paying child support, lawyers say
- A DNA test revealed Hunter Biden fathered a baby with another woman while he was dating his brother's widow
- A Ukraine gas company tied to Joe Biden's son is at the center of the Trump-whistleblower scandal
- ‘There should be a price on carbon,’ says an expert pushing for policies to combat climate change
- Watch Anil Kapoor 'audition' for CRED's first campaign to be aired during IPL
- ‘APMC and MSP will continue' — why Indian farmers must not fear the new laws
- Google hits back at Paytm — reiterates that ‘repeated policy violations’ will lead to stricter actions
- Ericsson's latest 5G bet - acquires enterprise connectivity provider Cradlepoint for $1.1 billion