The UK's coronavirus death toll has passed 1,000, with 260 people dying in the last 24 hours
More than 1,000 people have died from the coronavirus in the UK, health authorities said Saturday, with 260 deaths in the past 24 hours.
1,019 people have died from COVID-19 across England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland, as of Friday at 5 p.m., up from 759 at the previous count."Patients were aged between 33 and 100 years old and all but 13 patients (aged between 63 and 99 years old) had underlying health conditions," the National Health Service said in a statement.Advertisement
More follows ...
Do you have a personal experience with the coronavirus you'd like to share? Or a tip on how your town or community is handling the pandemic? Please email email@example.com and tell us your story.
- India's Daman and Diu remains coronavirus-free thanks to its 'Corona Warriors'
- Apple Watch ECG feature coming to Japan and Brazil
- India-China border dispute to be resolved through talks, says MEA
- Six more people die of coronavirus in Pune with 342 fresh cases
- Bihar's Darbhanga, Samastipur, and others register 233 new coronavirus cases with the state's overall tally rising to 4.831