Trump extends social distancing guidelines until April 30, says coronavirus peak likely to hit in 2 weeks
- President Donald Trump extended social distancing guidelines on Sunday night.
- He also said the coronavirus outbreak in the US is likely to peak in two weeks.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
President Donald Trump extended social distancing guidelines on Sunday night and said the coronavirus outbreak in the US is likely to peak in two weeks.Trump delivered his remarks during a White House press briefing. Advertisement
Trump also touted a June 1 deadline as to when the country will be "well on our way to recovery."
"By June 1, we will be well on our way to recovery. We think by June 1, a lot of great things will be happening," he said.This is a developing story.
Do you have a personal experience with the coronavirus you'd like to share? Or a tip on how your town or community is handling the pandemic? Please email email@example.com and tell us your story.
- Senior Rail Bhavan official tests positive for COVID-19; sixth since May 13
- Biggest single-day spike of 371 COVID-19 cases in WB; 8 more die of disease
- Dingko Singh tests positive for COVID-19
- 61 new cases in Kerala, COVID-19 tally touches 1,269
- As temperatures rise in MP's Khargone, so do COVID-19 cases