Trump said impeachment would be 'a horror show' and an 'an absolute embarrassment' for Obama's legacy in 2014
Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images/Fox News/Business Insider
- President Donald Trump supported impeaching his two immediate predecessors: Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama. He called President Bill Clinton's impeachment "nonsense."
- In a 2014 Fox and Friends interview, Trump argued that impeachment would leave a "permanent" and devastating impact on Obama's legacy.
- "Do you think Obama seriously wants to be impeached and go through what Bill Clinton did? He would be a mess," Trump said. "He would be thinking about nothing but - it would be a horror show for him. It would be an absolute embarrassment."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
President Donald Trump previously supported impeaching his two immediate predecessors and argued that impeachment would've permanently tarred former President Barack Obama's legacy.
"Do you think Obama seriously wants to be impeached and go through what Bill Clinton did? He would be a mess," Trump said in a 2014 Fox and Friends interview resurfaced by CNN this week. "He would be thinking about nothing but - it would be a horror show for him. It would be an absolute embarrassment."
He added, "It would go down on his record permanently."
Trump supported impeaching Obama over his decision to pause the deportations of undocumented immigrant parents of US citizen children.
Trump argued in 2008 that former President George W. Bush should've been impeached for "lies" Bush told about the Iraq War, which Trump called "a mess the likes of which this country has probably never seen" and "one of the great catastrophes of all time."
"Bush got us into this horrible war with lies, by lying. By saying they had WMDs, by saying all sorts of things that happened not to be true," Trump said in a 2008 interview with CNN host Wolf Blitzer.
Here's video of Trump in 2014 saying what being impeached would do to Obama: "He would be a mess. He would be thinking about nothing but. It would be a horror show for him. It would be an absolute embarrassment. It would go down on his record permanently." pic.twitter.com/WctYjnjsP1- andrew kaczynski (@KFILE) December 18, 2019
- Indian markets open lower amid unrest in China over zero-Covid: Paytm, Adani Transmission, Hero MotoCorp in focus
- Canada to strengthen visa processing capacity in Delhi and Chandigarh
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO – 10 things to know before subscribing
- Revenge spending effect: Household savings dip to 5 -year low
- With no signs yet of inflation cooling, experts predict more rate hikes
- Tata Aviation
- Visa Platinum Prepaid Card
- Interest Rate on Deposits
- Uniparts IPO
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Asus new Desktop
- Sandhya Devanathans
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Small Cap Companies
- India Pharma
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World