Trump tweeted a clip from 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' that shows Larry David in a MAGA hat, seemingly not realizing it's an insult
- President Donald Trump shared a clip from the HBO series "Curb Your Enthusiasm" showing Larry David in a "Make America Great Again" hat.
- The 30-second clip from the premiere episode of Season 10 shows a motorcyclist in a heated confrontation with David on the freeway.
- Realizing that David is wearing a Make America Great Again hat, the biker softens his tone drives away.
- Trump tweeted out a 30-second clip from the Season 10 premiere episode of the series, alongside the caption "TOUGH GUYS FOR TRUMP!"
- Trump seems to have missed the joke behind the clip, which is that David used the hat in order to repel unwanted interactions with others.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
President Donald Trump on Monday night tweeted a clip from the HBO series "Curb Your Enthusiasm," and seems to have missed the punchline.
Trump posted the 30-second clip from the first episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" season 10, which shows Larry David dressed in a Make America Great Again hat.
The episode is called "Happy New Year," and premiered on January 19.
The clip shows David driving along the freeway, when he accidentally cuts in front of a man on a motorcycle.
The man starts cursing at David and pulls up alongside his car as if he wants to fight him. To avoid confrontation, David puts on a Make America Great Again hat, the adopted uniform of Trump supporters.
"I'm sorry I didn't see you," David tells the angry motorcyclist.
Realizing David is wearing a MAGA hat, the motorcyclist brushes off the incident and changes his tone.
"Just be more careful next time, okay?" he says, then leaves.
Trump posted the clip on Twitter on Sunday night, alongside the caption: "TOUGH GUYS FOR TRUMP!"
The tweet has since been reposted more than 20,000 times.
Some users pointed out that Trump seems to have missed the joke of the episode, which is that David wears the hat in order to avoid unwanted interactions with people.
Representatives for David and HBO did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.
David's blunt character on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" has garnered comparisons to Trump, which the "Seinfeld" co-creator has been quick to dismiss.
David is also an outspoken critic of the president. The 72-year-old comedian heckled Trump's "Saturday Night Live" opening monologue in 2015, calling him a racist.
TOUGH GUYS FOR TRUMP! pic.twitter.com/DbjZjGzLWU- Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 11, 2020
- Zomato to Grasim to Aditya Birla Capital — here are six stocks that brokerages say you should buy
- Elon Musk-owned Tesla jumps 35 spots up Fortune 500 list, goes from number 100 to number 65 in rankings
- Modi government’s itch to offload ₹40,000 crore Hindustan Zinc stake hints at a bigger deficit than initially anticipated
- Five things the Indian government has done to reduce the burden of inflation
- India becomes the largest producer of sugar in the world
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction