Udhayanidhi Stalin sworn-in as minister in Tamil Nadu
All senior ministers of the
The junior Stalin took the oath of office in Tamil.
Udhayanidhi will be the third generation from the Karunanidhi family to become a minister in Tamil Nadu after his late grandfather 'Kalaignar' Karunanidhi and father M.K. Stalin.
Udhayanidhi, a movie actor and producer was elected from the Chepauk Assembly constituency which was represented by his late grandfather, Kalaignar Karunanidhi in the 2021 Assembly elections with a huge majority.
The young scion of the Karunanidhi family is likely to get the Sports and Youth Affairs portfolio along with the portfolio of programme implementation. With Tamil Nadu moving ahead in implementing several sports hubs, Udhayanidhi is likely to get the responsibility in implementing this.
US to issue 64,716 additional H-2B visas for fiscal year 2023
India’s jet-set: Here’s how billionaires earned, lost and donated in 2022
Popular on BI
- Not hard, not soft, the earliest dino eggs may have been of a 'leathery' texture to protect against damage: study
- Don't need to go big to go home: Australia is turning to sustainable 'tiny houses' to fix their housing crisis!
- Affordability levels to buy homes hit in last 2 years; to improve in 2024 on likely repo rate cut: JLL
- Carbon tax turns into climate fight at COP28
- Market to focus on macro data, global trends: Analysts