A threatening husband, missing goats, a dog lost for days: Police calls involving Rep. Lauren Boebert's home
- The local sheriff's office has gotten at least four calls on or by Boebert's family since 2018.
- In one, a neighbor reported Boebert's husband driving over his mailbox and being threatening.
The Garfield Sheriff's Department was called on or by Rep. Lauren Boebert's family in Silt, Colorado, at least four times since 2018 for incidents ranging from an "irrational" husband to wayward animals.
Most recently, a neighbor called 911 on Lauren Boebert's husband, Jayson, on August 4, after the neighbor accused Jayson of threatening him and running over his mailbox. The man told the dispatcher that Jayson Boebert was looking to fight "everyone in the neighborhood" after a neighbor asked his son to stop speeding down the street in a dune buggy.
During the call, the neighbor can be heard yelling expletives at Jayson Boebert, who he said was actively trying to run over his mailbox in his pickup truck.
"This guy Jayson Boebert is as dumb as a post, but this guy is so irrational," the neighbor said in the 911 call reviewed by Insider. "I'm sure he's loaded to the hilts. Do you know who his wife is? Lauren Boebert. He's loaded. They all have guns."
When the sheriff arrived on scene, the neighbors agreed to work it out and neither party filed charges.
Listen to the call here.Haven Orecchio-Egresitz · Mailbox
Boebert, a blustering, gun-toting member of Congress, was also the subject of a call to the sheriff's office in March, when a woman discovered an old video circulating on social media in which Boebert has her face covered with a red bandana, displays a gun, and makes references to "liberals" imposing mask mandates.
The caller questions why nobody has taken action against Boebert for the tweet.
"I don't know how this lawmaker is getting away with posting a video insinuating shooting people over mask mandates," she said. "She is literally threatening to use the gun that she is showing on her waist to take care of people, the liberals, over mask mandates."
In the video, which made its rounds over a year before the call was made, Boebert says she doesn't think "liberals thought this whole mask thing through."
"They forgot to consider us conservative 2a folks," she said, flashing a pistol on her hip. "Because you better believe I'm coming with my Springfield X-DS."
The dispatcher told the caller he would look for an address for Boebert and the department would determine if it had jurisdiction to respond to the report.Haven Orecchio-Egresitz · Video on Twitter
Aside from those calls, the family made a few mundane calls of their own to report their missing animals and a brush fire on their property.
On April 5, 2019, Boebert's son Tyler called to report a "huge" fire that started when they were burning weeds on their property.
On August 13, 2018, Lauren called the sheriff's office herself to report that her four goats — including a white female that was pregnant — were missing.
"They never leave the house and we can't find them anywhere," she said.
—Lauren Boebert (@laurenboebert) February 1, 2021
Two months later, Lauren Boebert called again to report that her collarless golden retriever had been missing for two days and she was wondering if anyone had picked it up. She told the dispatcher at the time she was still missing one goat, but believed a coyote may have eaten it.
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- WhatsApp rolls out contact cards sharing on Windows beta
- FIFA WC: Lionel Messi doing well, says Argentina manager Scaloni amid injury concerns
- ADB, Wabag sign USD 25 mn debt facility for sanitation, water security in India
- RBI pauses onboarding of online merchants by Paytm Payments Services; firm says no material impact on biz
- Over 50% of microbusinesses had no mechanisms to cushion Covid impact, Road to Recovery report says
- Tata Aviation
- Visa Platinum Prepaid Card
- Interest Rate on Deposits
- Uniparts IPO
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Asus new Desktop
- Sandhya Devanathans
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Small Cap Companies
- India Pharma
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World