Andrew Cuomo once refused to hire a woman because she wasn't 'pretty enough,' former aide says
- Karen Hinton worked for Gov. Cuomo when he was President Clinton's housing secretary.
- She told the New York Post Cuomo once refused to hire a woman because she wasn't "pretty enough."
- The governor is facing mounting pressure to resign amid multiple sexual-harassment allegations.
A former aide of New York Gov.
Karen Hinton worked for Cuomo when he was President Bill Clinton's housing secretary. Hinton is also among the many women to accuse Cuomo of inappropriate behavior, previously telling the Post how Cuomo once got physically "aroused" when he hugged her "too tightly" for "too long" in a hotel room in December 2000.
In an interview with the Post, published Monday, Hinton said that when she worked with Cuomo, she sat in on an interview he was conducting with a candidate recommended by her.
She said the woman had "worked on Capitol Hill for years" and had "a very good understanding of Capitol Hill
After the interview, Hinton said she asked Cuomo what he thought of her and he said, "No, I don't think so," Hinton recalled to the Post.
"I asked, 'Why?' He said, 'She's not pretty enough. I don't like the way she looks,'" Hinton said.
Hinton also said that Cuomo did not take Clinton's sex scandal involving his affair with Monica Lewinsky seriously.
"I remember him laughing about the Monica Lewinsky situation, not because he didn't believe her - he did - but because he thought it was funny," Hinton told the Post.
The governor's office did not immediately return Insider's request for comment.
Cuomo faces an impeachment investigation after the release last week of a report by the New York Attorney General's Office, which found that he sexually harassed multiple women during his time as governor.
- Richest entrepreneurs under 40 named in the IIFL Wealth Hurun list became more richer by 12% in last one year
- Time taken to deliver items & returns are the key pain points for e-comm consumers
- DGCI allows Serum Institute to export malaria vaccine to UK
- Upcoming cars launching in India in October 2022
- Gurgaon-based Indifi disbursed ₹2,800 crore worth of loans to small business owners
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Reliance Retail
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World