Arkansas becomes the latest state to lift its mask mandate, Gov. Asa Hutchinson announces
ArkansasGov. Asa Hutchinson said Tuesday the state's mask mandatewould expire at the end of March.
Gov. Asa Hutchinson of Arkansas announced Tuesday that the state's mask mandate would expire at the end of March, the local news station KHBS reported.
Cities within the state will be allowed to issue their own mandates, and the governor urged citizens to respect businesses' decisions to require masks."The use of the mask will not cease," the governor said. The state has had a mask mandate since July.
Arkansas joins six other states - Iowa, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, Texas, and Wyoming - in lifting mask mandates.
- Over One lakh oxygen concentrators cleared by customs from April 24 to May 4
- Check out who all can travel to the US amidst uncertainty in international travel
- Water shortage might be on the way to worsen Delhi's COVID-19 crisis
- Himachal Pradesh government imposes curfew effective from tomorrow till May 16
- A third wave of COVID-19 will surely come and it may spread faster and wider but don't know when, says advisor to the Indian government