Biden family announces the death of beloved German Shepherd, Champ
- Champ, President Joe Biden's 13-year-old German Shepherd, has died.
- "He was our constant, cherished companion during the last 13 years," the Bidens said on Twitter.
- The Bidens also have a 3-year-old rescue dog named Major.
President Joe Biden on Saturday announced the death of Champ, one of his family's two dogs.
"He was our constant, cherished companion during the last 13 years and was adored by the entire Biden family," Biden and first lady Jill wrote in a statement posted on Twitter.
-President Biden (@POTUS) June 19, 2021
"Even as Champ's strength waned in the last months, when we came into a room, he would immediately pull himself up, his tail always wagging, and nuzzle us for an ear scratch or a belly rub," the statement continued. "Wherever we were, he wanted to be, and everything was instantly better when he was next to us."
Champ was a 13-year-old German Shepherd. The Bidens also have a 3-year-old rescue dog named Major.
Champ was energetic and loved to play with the Biden grandchildren, the statement said.
"He was happiest chasing golf balls on the front lawn of the Naval Observatory or racing to catch our grandchildren as they ran around our backyard in Delaware," the Bidens said.
"We love our sweet, good boy and will miss him always," Joe and Jill said.
Just minutes ahead of Biden's announcement, the National Republican Congressional Committee emailed supporters with a fundraising message titled "Biden Dog Watch Alert." The email offered donors a "Sleepy Joe" chew toy for a contribution of at least $28.
The message, as Insider's Dave Levinthal noted, was likely pre-scheduled to go out ahead of Biden's announcement but resulted in unfortunate timing.
Last month, the Obamas announced that their 12-year-old Portuguese water dog, Bo, died after a battle with cancer.
Former first lady Michelle Obama on Saturday sent words of comfort to the Bidens.
"Champ was such a good boy, and we know how much he meant to your family over the years," she tweeted. "Barack and I are sending all our love to you, @POTUS, and the entire Biden family."
- People want bigger homes and reopening offices, schools hasn’t altered this trend
- Prime Minister Modi says extension of free ration scheme will benefit crores during the festive season
- Central government employees given 4% hike in DA ahead of Diwali
- Jewellery chains are growing at the cost of standalone jewellers – and it’s only going to get worse, says World Gold Council report
- To beat the traffic of Bangalore, you can now book a 12-minute helicopter ride
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Rice and Pulses
- IIT Guwahati
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Biggest Billionaires
- Sundar Pichai
- Home Loan
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World