Biden floors electric Ford F-150 in test drive: 'This sucker is quick'
- President Joe Biden cruised in a electric truck prototype for Ford on Tuesday.
- Biden was visiting Ford's plant in Dearborn, Mich. to promote federal investment in electric vehicles.
- "This sucker is quick," Biden said, according to the White House pool report.
President Joe Biden, a self-professed "car guy" and devoted fan of GM's Chevrolet Corvette, found himself impressed by Ford's electric F-150 prototype on Tuesday.
"This sucker is quick," Biden said before flooring the truck across a test track, according to the White House pool report.
-NBC Politics (@NBCPolitics) May 18, 2021
Biden was visiting the Ford plant in Dearborn, Mich., a suburb of Detroit, to tout federal investment in electric vehicles.
The president also inadvertently disclosed information on the truck's speed that was not supposed to go public until Wednesday, according to a Ford spokesperson.
While the president got to take a spin in the truck on Tuesday, its official release is set for Wednesday.
-Elizabeth Crisp (@elizabethcrisp) May 18, 2021
Biden was accompanied by a Secret Service agent as he ripped the truck around the Dearborn track.
-Kaitlan Collins (@kaitlancollins) May 18, 2021
Biden has promised sizable funds to boost the US electric vehicle market, such as offering $10 million to whichever startup can figure out how to crack the code of fast charging.
During the visit to Dearborn, the president also joked about running over reporters if they asked about Israel while he was test driving the Lightning model.
- Better.com CEO accused hundreds of the 900 people he laid off on Zoom of 'stealing' by working only 2 hours daily
- Crypto FAQs answered — everything you need to know about crypto regulations, trading, taxes and CBDC in India
- Indian government is reportedly looking to regulate work from home with a comprehensive framework
- India's income inequality is so bad that's weighing down the avg in both South Asia and SouthEast Asia
- Meet the Indian-origin women CEOs who are leading the way for major global companies
- SuperRare NFT sells for more than $2 million — a 20,000-fold increase in value over three years
- Microsoft to skill 1 lakh Indians in cybersecurity by 2022
- Love procrastinating? It can help you earn Rs 1 lakh by applying for Chief Excuse Officer at Cultbike.fit