Biden says 100 million Americans will have received stimulus checks by Wednesday
Joe Bidensaid 100 million stimuluschecks will have been distributed by Wednesday.
- His administration will meet the goal set last week to send 100 million
direct paymentsin 10 days.
- For eligible Americans without direct deposit, the direct payments are still being delivered.
President Joe Biden on Tuesday announced that his administration will have distributed 100 million stimulus
"The American Rescue Plan brings relief to a population that is badly hurting," Biden said in remarks from Columbus,
"We're on the verge of doing that as of tomorrow," Biden said.
Biden's update means that he will meet the goal he set last week to send 100 million direct payments to Americans in the next 10 days. The checks have been sent to the bank accounts of individuals earning up to $75,000 per year and couples making up to $150,000 a year. For eligible Americans without direct deposit, the direct payments are still being delivered in check form, Biden said Tuesday.
Last week, Biden also promised to have administered 100 million
The president has visited multiple states in recent days as part of a tour to promote the recently-enacted $1.9 trillion
First lady Jill Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris, and second gentleman Doug Emhoff also have been traveling across the country to champion the bill.
- Bharti Airtel's revenues soar by 22% year on year, net profit 165% in Q4FY22
- Volkswagen Virtus vs Skoda Slavia: Specifications and features compared
- LIC makes a weak debut on exchanges today: Here is what analysts have to say
- Top free iPhone and iPad games for all age groups
- Best phones under ₹50,000 in India