Boris Johnson says 'I feel like O.J. Simpson' after struggling to put on a pair of tight gloves
- Boris Johnson said 'I feel like OJ Simpson' as he struggled to put on a pair of tight gloves at a COVID testing centre.
- The PM's joke appeared to reference the infamous pair of gloves which O.J. Simpson struggled to put on during his murder trial.
- He was visiting a coronavirus vaccination centre in Cwmbran, South Wales, on Wednesday.
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Wednesday joked that "I feel like OJ Simpson" after struggling to put on a pair of tight gloves while visiting a COVID-19 vaccination centre.
The prime minister, who has a track record of making controversial remarks, made the comment after struggling for several seconds to put on a pair of tight-fitting rubber gloves.
He was visiting a coronavirus vaccination centre in Cwmbran, South Wales, on Wednesday to see the progress of the vaccine rollout.
—ITV News Politics (@ITVNewsPolitics) February 17, 2021
The prime minister's joke appeared to reference the infamous pair of gloves which formed a central part of O. J. Simpson's murder trial.
Simpson, who was accused of murdering two people including his former wife Nicole Brown Simpson, struggled to don a pair of blood-stained gloves found at the crime scene which the prosecution said belonged to him.
The incident led to Simpson's attorney Johnnie Cochran making his now famous remark: "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit."
Johnson has a long history of making inflammatory and controversial remarks. As foreign secretary, he said Muslim woman wearing burkas looked like "letter boxes," recited a colonial-era poem in a Myanmar temple, and angered worshippers in a Sikh temple by talking about alcohol, which some Sikh teachings consider to be forbidden.
In 2016, he won a prize for writing a poem about Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdoğan having sex with a goat in the Spectator magazine, which he previously edited. In the same year he was criticised for describing Africa as a country.
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max vs M1: Here’s what Apple improved with its new custom chips
- Realme GT Neo 2 vs OnePlus Nord 2: Price, specs and features compared
- Titan, Kalyan Jewellers and other jewellery stocks rally in last one month on high bullion prices
- This Motilal Oswal-backed startup is planning to issue a million credit-based cards in the next 150 days relying on its $2 billion loan book
- Tata Nexon EV electrifies its launch campaign with Spotify India
- Top ten grocery brands in India: YouGov Report
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons