Colorado Rep. Joe Neguse says mass shootings like the one at a Boulder grocery store 'cannot be our new normal'
Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call, Inc via Getty Images/POOL
ColoradoRep. Joe Negusecalled for change to prevent mass shootings on Tuesday.
- 10 people, including a police officer, were killed in a Boulder grocery store shooting on Monday.
- "We need to see a change because we have lost far too many lives," Neguse said.
Colorado Rep. Joe Neguse said mass shootings "cannot be our new normal" in the wake of the Boulder grocery store shooting that left 10 dead."We should be able to feel safe in our grocery stores," Neguse, a Democratic member of Congress since 2019, said. "We should be able to feel safe in our schools and in our movie theaters and in our communities. We need to see a change because we have lost far too many lives."
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUA shooter, identified Tuesday by police as 21-year-old Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa, opened fire at a King Soopers grocery store in Boulder Monday afternoon, killing 10 people, including a police officer.
AdvertisementThe accused shooter was taken into custody by police and was charged with 10 counts of murder. Neguse said the city of Boulder and the state have endured "a devastating 24 hours."
"Coloradans went to their local King Soopers to pick up groceries, to buy eggs, some of them to get a COVID vaccine," Neguse said. "And in a mere instant, our community was upturned by a senseless act of violence."
MSME EXCHANGE 2021Join us in amplifying the voice of over 60 million MSMEs in IndiaJune 28 - 29, 05:00 PM onwards
second mass shooting in just a week in the US. Eight people, six of them Asian women, were killed in a March 16 rampage at three spas in the Atlanta area.
- Cannes Lions 2021: On Day 3, Dentsu Webchutney brings home 2 Silver Lions
- Best laptop for students in India in 2021
- Twitter rolls out new update for iOS allowing users to share tweets to Instagram stories
- If you are vaccinated, IndiGo Airlines is giving discounts on airfares
- Microsoft joins Apple in $2 Trillion Club