Donald Trump's former adviser Peter Navarro says he urged him twice to fire 'evil' Anthony Fauci
- Former White House trade adviser
Peter Navarroreferred to Dr. Anthony Faucias "evil."
- In the interview, he claimed that he twice asked former President
Donald Trumpto fire Fauci.
Ex-White House trade adviser Peter
Navarro, who was discussing his new book, "In Trump Time," said that the media hailed the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases as a "God-like" figure, Fox News reported.
The former trade adviser, on the other hand, has a far less favorable assessment of Fauci. "That man is evil," he said during the interview on Wednesday. "Make no mistake about this. He is evil."
After disagreeing about imposing travel bans, Navarro recalled how he once got into a "screaming match" within three minutes of meeting Fauci.
"I came out of there thinking, 'Wow, that guy thinks he's smarter than he is,'" Navarro said. "More importantly, 'That guy's going to hurt us and the president.'"
The former trade adviser said that he asked Trump, at least twice, to fire Fauci. He added that he doesn't blame the former president for not taking his advice but referred to it as a "mistake for the republic."
In November 2020, Trump suggested that he planned to fire Fauci after Election Day.
- Sensex, Nifty slip for second day; FMCG, IT stocks drag
- Air India puts together 'huge financing deal' for new fleet: CEO
- Marine species including whales and dolphins under significant threat from noise pollution
- ITR filing: Your guide to Form 26AS and why you should check for TDS discrepancies
- A complete itinerary for your 3 days in Mount Abu