'DONE WITH FOX': Right-wing pundits, politicians, and influencers (and Glenn Greenwald) rage against Fox News after it parts ways with Tucker Carlson
- Tucker Carlson and Fox News parted ways Monday.
- Carlson's fans in the MAGA movement are outraged.
Fox News and Tucker Carlson are parting ways. Big voices in the MAGA movement and their social-media followers are not happy about it.
"I think that'll kill Fox," Glenn Beck said during his streaming show.
"Wherever Tucker Carlson goes, America will follow!" Rep. Lauren Boebert wrote. "Thank you for being one of the greatest and most powerful voices in the conservative movement."
"Wow. Disastrous moment for Fox News, " tweeted Matt Walsh from The Daily Wire. "Tucker was by far the most important and relevant figure at the network, and in all of cable news."
Eric Trump, one of former President Donald Trump's sons, wrote: "First it was Lara Trump, then Dan Bongino now @TuckerCarlson. What is happening to Fox?"
Eric's brother Donald Trump Jr. was also upset:
“I think it changes things permanently.”@DonaldJTrumpJr joins @charliekirk11 with his reaction to Tucker Carlson leaving Fox News.— Real America's Voice (RAV) (@RealAmVoice) April 24, 2023
Watch LIVE➡ https://t.co/aeKhZCut0M
Watch more from #TheCharlieKirkShow here: https://t.co/0vTH11eTQG pic.twitter.com/Gf41cHB3qv
Starting midday Monday, the phrase "DONE WITH FOX" started to trend on Twitter.
Big accounts with American-flag emojis in their Twitter usernames let loose.
Absolutely disastrous move by Fox. This was the only show on Fox I watched. I'm completely DONE with Fox now. Who's with me?— TEAM USA (@__TEAM_USA) April 24, 2023
I hope Newsmax hires Tucker. https://t.co/FJvwiyATTn
Another person who was upset at the news was Glenn Greenwald, the sometime journalist, sometime pundit who spent a lot of time on Carlson's show over the past few years. Here's his whole thread:
Tucker was the cable host who most:— Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald) April 24, 2023
* Opposed US proxy war in Ukraine;
* Denounced CIA, FBI and DHS for its systemic lies and corruption;
* Devoted himself to a pardon for Julian Assange;
* Objected to regime change efforts in Cuba;
* Criticized Trump Admin's militarism. pic.twitter.com/PEduNzOyW6
From 8pm to 9pm on Fox, there was extreme, even fundamental, disagreements between Tucker and Hannity on those key issues - the kind of internal debate unthinkable on any other network: in lockstep.— Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald) April 24, 2023
I'd wager the new 8pm host will be far more aligned with Hannity: standard GOP.
I'm not making claims, yet, on what caused this separation. I'm just noting: the removal of Tucker means the elimination of the only real, sustained dissent on US militarism, the US Security State and more (Laura & Jesse Waters are the only others in prime-time near that).— Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald) April 24, 2023
- Google Pixel 8, Pixel 8 Pro and Pixel Watch 2 launched with improved AI features
- Moto G54 5G review – affordable option with a large battery
- Reliance Brands forges partnership with ‘urban cool’ fashion brand Superdry
- ED arrests AAP MP Sanjay Singh in Delhi excise policy case
- Top 10 unique benefits of adding Flax Seeds to your diet