Dr. Oz — who's now running for US Senate in Pennsylvania — used his in-law's address to register to vote in the state last year
- Dr. Mehmet Oz used his in-laws' address to register to vote in Pennsylvania last year, according to the the Philadelphia Inquirer.
- The TV host is now running for US Senate in the state as a Republican.
Dr. Mehmet Oz, who announced he's running for a US Senate seat in Pennsylvania on Tuesday, reportedly used his in-law's Pennsylvania address to register to vote in the state last year.
Oz lived in New Jersey for several years, but last year he registered to vote in Pennsylvania's Montgomery County, using his in-law's address in Bryn Athyn to do so, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported.
A representative for Oz's campaign said he does live in Pennsylvania.
"Dr. Oz lives in Pennsylvania, votes in Pennsylvania, and has his medical license in Pennsylvania. Dr. Oz grew up in the Greater Philadelphia region, less than 5 miles from the PA border. He went to school in Pennsylvania, met his wife and got married in Pennsylvania, and 2 of his children were born in Pennsylvania. He currently resides in Bryn Athyn, Pennsylvania, where his wife's family has lived for a hundred years," Erin Perrine said.
The celebrity heart surgeon best known as the host of the "Dr. Oz Show" is now campaigning as a Republican in the swing-state, hoping to take the seat vacated by long-serving Sen. Pat Toomey.
"I'm running for the Senate to empower you to control your destiny, to reinvigorate our great nation, and to reignite the divine spark that we should always be seeing in each other," Oz said in a column announcing his campaign in the Washington Examiner.
In his announcement, Oz criticized "government-mandated policies that caused unnecessary suffering" during the coronavirus pandemic. Meanwhile, he celebrated former President Donald Trump for his work on the COVID-19 vaccine program.
New Jersey Representative Bill Pascrell, Jr., who represents NJ's ninth district — where Oz has resided — responded to the news in a Tweet Tuesday.
"I want to congratulate my North Jersey constituent Dr. Oz on his run for US Senate in Pennsylvania. I'm sure this fully genuine candidacy will capture the hearts of Pennsylvanians," he said.
—Bill Pascrell, Jr. (@PascrellforNJ) November 30, 2021
- Richest entrepreneurs under 40 named in the IIFL Wealth Hurun list became more richer by 12% in last one year
- Time taken to deliver items & returns are the key pain points for e-comm consumers
- DGCI allows Serum Institute to export malaria vaccine to UK
- Upcoming cars launching in India in October 2022
- Gurgaon-based Indifi disbursed ₹2,800 crore worth of loans to small business owners
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Reliance Retail
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World