Elon Musk suggests that anyone over the age of 70 should be barred from running for political office
Elon Musksuggested that an age limit should be set for running for political office.
- The Tesla CEO tweeted on Thursday, calling for those over the age of 70 to be barred.
Elon Musk recently suggested that anyone over 70 years old should be barred from running for political office.
In a tweet on Thursday, the SpaceX and Tesla founder said: "Let's set an age limit after which you can't run for political office, perhaps a number just below 70."
While no specific lawmaker was mentioned in the tweet, the current president,
In March, Musk responded to Sanders' criticism of his huge wealth, saying he would use his money to help humankind. "I am accumulating resources to help make life multiplanetary & extend the light of consciousness to the stars," Musk said on Twitter after Sanders implied that Musk and Jeff Bezos were greedy.
Older presidential candidates have been a point of debate for years. Although the US sets a minimum age of 35 years for people running for president, there is no upper age limit.
Had Sanders been successful in his presidential campaign, he would have been one of the oldest presidents ever on Inauguration Day.
Insider's Grace Panetta reported that the day after Biden formally entered the 2020 Democratic presidential primary field, Trump took a jab at Biden's age and jokingly called himself "a young, vibrant man."
In 2019, 27% of Democratic voters said candidates shouldn't attack their rivals for being too old, Insider's Joseph Zeballos-Roig reported.
- A student who accidentally became a millionaire with a cult following after selling his expressionless selfies as NFTs says he feels confused
- Internship at Bureau of Police Research & Development: Checkout all the details including last date, eligibility and stipend
- One of the largest cryptocurrency swapping platforms just lost $1.3 million as users failed to update approvals
- Reliance Industries, Vodafone Idea, Axis Bank, Deepak Nitrite and other hot stocks on January 24
- Fortune oil maker Adani Wilmar is looking to acquire southern players in edible oil, FMCG industry
- After 10-minute grocery delivery, a 15-minute ambulance service grabs investor interest
- Decentralised file sharing, movie streaming, and much more — these are top five Web3 cryptocurrencies to keep an eye on in 2022
- This Indian couple plans to get married in a Hogwarts-themed metaverse to beat the pandemic's restrictions