Fauci says Biden is doing very well and continues to improve after testing positive for COVID-19
Bidentested positive for COVID-19 earlier this week.
- The president is vaccinated and received two boosters.
"The president continues to improve and we have every reason to believe that he will do very well," Fauci told CNN's Amara Walker on Saturday.
Fauci, who has not seen the president but spoke with the president's physician reiterated that Biden is vaccinated and received two booster shots. The president is also taking Paxlovid, an anti-viral drug.
Biden received two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine in December 2020 and January 2021. He also received two Pfizer booster shots in September 2021 and March 2022.
In a memo, Kevin O'Connor, Biden's physician said his symptoms were fatigue, a runny nose, and a dry cough that began Wednesday evening.
"He's doing very well and he continues to improve," Fauci said.
Fauci told Walker that the president is using an albuterol inhaler, which he said is typical with an upper respiratory infection, but he reiterated that the president breathing just fine.
"Having someone who has a history, as he does, with colds that have nothing to do with COVID-19, he has a history of asthma and he uses a bronchodilator to make sure he just breathes well," Fauci said. "He has no trouble breathing at all right now."
- A married couple with a 4-month-old baby were both laid off by Google, while one of them was on parental leave
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- 86-year-old removes ‘retirement’ from his dictionary to become a startup founder
- Two Indian-born mathematicians US, Canada get Padma awards
- Equal-weight index: For diversified investments with low volatility
- I wish we move ahead unitedly, PM Modi extends greetings on country's 74th Republic Day
- R-Day: Traffic islands, roundabouts in Lutyens' Delhi decked up with artistic floral designs