Fiona Hill said she considered 'faking' a medical emergency 'with a loud blood curdling scream' to disrupt Trump's disastrous Helsinki summit with Putin
Fiona Hillsaid she considered faking a medical emergency to disrupt the Trump-Putin Helsinki summit.
- "My initial thought was just 'How can I end this?'" Hill told the BBC.
- Trump appeared to side with Putin over the US intelligence community during the summit.
Fiona Hill told BBC News that she considered "faking" a medical emergency to derail then-President
During a press conference at the summit, Trump appeared to side with Putin over the US intelligence community on the subject of Russian election interference.
Recounting the moment in comments to the BBC for a new TV series on Trump's chaotic approach to global affairs, Hill said, "My initial thought was just 'How can I end this?' I literally did have in my mind the idea of faking some kind of medical emergency and throwing myself backwards with a loud blood-curdling scream into the media."
Hill, who served as Trump's top
More recently, Hill has also been critical of Trump's provocation of a violent insurrection at the US Capitol on January 6, which led to his second impeachment.
In a Politico op-ed, Hill said the Capitol attack amounted to an attempted "self-coup" from Trump.
"I've been studying authoritarian regimes for three decades, and I know the signs of a coup when I see them," Hill wrote. "The storming of the Capitol building on January 6 was the culmination of a series of actions and events taken or instigated by Trump so he could retain the presidency that together amount to an attempt at a self-coup. This was not a one-off or brief episode."
Trump's impeachment trial over the Capitol attack began on Tuesday and is ongoing.
- 911 dispatchers say skiers are accidentally setting off Apple's new crash-detection technology without realizing, triggering emergency calls
- The rally in stocks will trick investors into thinking the bear market is over, but there's still a case for the S&P 500 to fall another 26% next year, Morgan Stanley's Mike Wilson says
- Adani may be the richest Indian but Ambani’s RIL retains the top spot on Hurun's list of most valuable companies
- BCCI picks 3-member Cricket Advisory Committee that will kickstart process to select men’s national team
- 38 years on, 1.2 lakh Bhopal residents carry gas tragedy scars, fight for justice
- Telegram wants to allow users to store and trade cryptocurrencies
- Rupee gains 18 paise to 81.08 against US dollar
- Indian markets open marginally lower amid weak global cues – PB Fintech, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, M&M, Bajaj Auto and other stocks in focus
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- VerSe Innovation Company
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World