Former top aide Jason Miller says Trump is happy after leaving the White House and glad not to be on Twitter
Jason Millersaid Trump is "truly relaxed" after the White House, in an interview with The Times of London.
- Miller said Trump could start a third party if GOP senators convict him in his impeachment trial.
- His claims are contradicted by other reports on Trump's post-presidency mood.
After leaving office, Miller's picture of Trump's mood is contradicted by other reports coming out of the president's post-presidency home in Mar-a-Lago, Florida.
One source close to the president told The Daily Beast last week that the former president is so frustrated by being banned from Twitter that he is writing out insults and tweets and trying to get aides to send them.
Yet Miller insisted that Trump is the most relaxed he's seen him.
"This was the first time in years that I saw the president truly relaxed," he told the Times. "Only 45 other people in US history have experienced what it is like to have the world on their shoulders . . . and to be able to exhale, knowing that it's not all on you for the first time in four years."
Miller worked with Trump as a communications advisor during his successful 2016 presidential campaign and took on a senior strategist role in Trump's unsuccessful reelection campaign last year.
In the interview, Miller also addressed Trump's second impeachment trial to convict the president on charges that he incited an insurrection by goading supporters to attack the Capitol on January 6.
"There is no real scenario in which he is going to be convicted, so the pressure is completely off," Miller told the publication of the impeachment trial.
Miller said that he believes his former boss "would like to" run for the presidency again in 2024.
He warned Republicans that if they vote to convict Trump, he could gear up plans to start a third party and tear apart the GOP.
"There hasn't been any active planning for a third party and it will remain that way," said Miller. "The only way it could become more serious is if Republican senators were to vote to convict President Trump.
"I don't think Republican senators want to tear the party apart, so let's go and dismiss this second impeachment witch- hunt."
Republican lawmakers are reportedly concerned that if they oppose Trump, he could turn his supporters against them and back primary challengers to oust them from office.
Unlike other former presidents, who keep a relatively low profile after leaving office, Trump has spoken out to praise allies in the GOP as he seeks to retain his hold over the party and mitigate the prospects of an impeachment conviction.
Among them is Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, who Trump has expressed support for as she comes under pressure for past comments supporting bizarre right-wing conspiracy theories and violence against Democrats.
He is also reportedly determined to take revenge on Republicans who've turned against him, including Rep. Liz Cheney, the 3rd most powerful Republican in Congress, one of 10 Republicans who voted to impeach Trump in the January 13 House of Representatives vote.
Miller said Trump remains the most powerful force in Republican
"It's not even close. He is the one who has remade the party and brought new people in," said Miller.
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- IISC joins hands with AIIMS Rishikesh to develop algorithm that can read brain scans to detect epilepsy
- Overlapping symptoms of dengue, Covid-19 confusing in many cases, say doctors
- Sterlite Technologies launches optical solution for 5G rollout
- NASA pushes back Artemis I Moon mission launch to November
- Auto sales jump in September: Maruti reports over a 100% jump in volumes
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World