Former Trump press secretary Stephanie Grisham is planning to publish secrets that Trump is keeping from Melania, report says
Stephanie Grishamis the latest Trump aide to release an account of working at the White House.
- Politico published a preview of the former White House press secretary's forthcoming book.
- She's reportedly written about Melania's refusal to condemn the
Capitol riotand about "secrets" Trump kept from Melania.
Stephanie Grisham, a former White House press secretary, is set to reveal behind-the-scenes details of her time working in the Trump White House in a new book, Politico reported on Monday.
The book's release was announced last week, with sources close to the publication telling Axios that Grisham would reveal unflattering details about her time working for
An unnamed publishing source told Politico: "Stephanie has secrets about Trump that even the first lady doesn't know. Secrets that he doesn't want her to know. They will be in this book."
The Politico report did not describe what the secrets were, but Donald and Melania Trump's relationship has long been the subject of rumor and gossip.
The excerpts described Melania's response to the Capitol riot as a last straw that pushed Grisham to resign from the White House. Grisham was the first top Trump administration official to resign after the insurrection.
According to Politico's report, the book said that as rioters stormed the Capitol on January 6, Grisham texted Melania to ask, "Do you want to tweet that peaceful protests are the right of every American, but there is no place for lawlessness and violence?"
"No," the first lady replied, according to the report.
According to Politico, the book also said Melania backed her husband's claims that the 2020 election had been stolen from him, which was her reason for not inviting Jill Biden to the White House for the traditional Inauguration Day tea.
Representatives for Donald Trump did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
In a statement to Politico, a spokesperson for Melania Trump said that Grisham was motivated by resentment and that her claims were false.
"The intent behind this book is obvious. It is an attempt to redeem herself after a poor performance as press secretary, failed personal relationships, and unprofessional behavior in the White House. Through mistruth and betrayal, she seeks to gain relevance and money at the expense of Mrs. Trump," the statement said.
Grisham served as the White House press secretary from July 2019 to April 2020, at which point she resumed her role as a top aide to Melania Trump. She is the only US press secretary to have never delivered a press briefing, choosing instead to appear on pro-Trump conservative networks.
The book, "I'll Take Your Questions Now: What I Saw in The Trump White House," is scheduled for release on October 5.
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life