Germany says it will send 5,000 helmets to Ukraine after being slammed for refusing to send weapons
- Germany's defense minister said her country would send 5,000 helmets to
Ukraineamid rising Russian tensions.
- It comes after Ukraine criticized
Germanyfor refusing to send weapons.
Germany's defense minister said Germany will send Ukraine 5,000 helmets after it was criticized for not sending the country weapons despite the threat of a Russian invasion.
Christine Lambrecht told Germany's defense committee about the plans on Wednesday, the defense ministry tweeted.
The ministry said Lambrecht "also made it clear that Germany stands closely on the side of" Ukraine.
German officials previously said the country would not send weapons to Ukraine, but that it would send a field hospital. Its stance breaks with its NATO allies, some of which have sent defense weapons to Ukraine.
In response, Vitali Klitschko, Kyiv's mayor, accused Germany of a betrayal of friends." Ukraine has warned that
Germany was also criticized by Ukraine after Germany's top navy officer said Russia "deserves respect" over Ukraine.
That officer later resigned. Germany then said on Monday it would help Ukraine by giving it financial aid, though it did not say how much.
Germany also refused permission to fellow NATO member Estonia to export old German-made D-30 howitzers to Ukraine.
- Hackers are using a new fake chatbot trick to steal your data — here’s how to keep yourself safe
- Google's Imagen can use text to make images, paintings, CGI renders using AI — here are some pictures
- New India Assurance net profit drawn down by huge operating loss in the health insurance segment
- LG’s rollable OLED TV finally debuts in India, priced at ₹75 lakhs
- Best water purifiers to buy in India
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction