GOP lawmaker says he was notified by FBI that his 'life was in danger' by 'some of these same people' threatening law enforcement in wake of Mar-a-Lago raid
- Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick on Sunday said he was notified by the FBI that his life was in danger.
- Fitzpatrick said that these were the "same people" who are threatening law enforcement after the Mar-a-Lago raid.
Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick, on Sunday, said that he was recently notified by the FBI that his life was put in danger by the same people who are threatening law enforcement in the wake of former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago raid.
"I'm very concerned, Margret, for the safety of our law enforcement officers, especially right now," Fitzpatrick told Margret Brennan, host of CBS's Face the Nation. "I myself have been notified by the Bureau that my life was put in danger recently by some of the same people."
Fitzpatrick told Brennan that his colleagues, as well as Trump, should mind the weight of their words and call for calm after being asked if the former President is putting a target on the back of FBI agents.
"Every single elected official, every single leader needs to mind the weight of their words," Fitzpatrick told Brennan."I think everybody needs to be calling for calm, everybody across the board, and everybody needs to respect our law enforcement whether they be local, state, or federal ."
Last week, FBI Director Chris Wray condemned the violent rhetoric made against law enforcement after agents searched Trump's Florida property.
"I'm always concerned about threats to law enforcement," Wray said following a news conference at the FBI field office in Omaha, Nebraska. "Violence against law enforcement is not the answer, no matter who you're upset with."
FBI and the Department of Homeland Security issued an unclassified joint intelligence bulletin on Friday warning of a spike in threats to federal law enforcement officials, according to NBC.
"The FBI and DHS have observed an increase in threats to federal law enforcement and to a lesser extent other law enforcement and government officials following the FBI's recent execution of a search warrant in Palm Beach, Florida," according to the bulletin, senior law enforcement officials told NBC.
- Razorpay forays into loyalty and rewards segment with PoshVine acquisition
- Don't equate fun with money: Sundar Pichai to employees
- Best Intel-powered laptops for school students
- Festive season is here! Explore the best Intel Laptops for Education
- Reliance is reportedly planning to launch JioPhone 5G in India at a very affordable price
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Rice and Pulses
- IIT Guwahati
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Biggest Billionaires
- Sundar Pichai
- Home Loan
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World