Here are all of Republican elected officials backing Ron DeSantis' 2024 presidential campaign
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is set to announce his presidential campaign on Wednesday.
- He already has the support of a handful of members of Congress.
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is officially announced his 2024 presidential campaign in May, launching the most formidable challenge yet to former President Donald Trump.
And he started his campaign with the endorsement of just a handful of Republicans on Capitol Hill.
In the two months before DeSantis' announcement, Trump locked up the support of most of the Republican House members from Florida — and he's garnered far more endorsements overall than DeSantis.
As of June 20, five House members and one governor have announced they're backing DeSantis for the 2024 GOP nomination.
But the Florida governor has his admirers on Capitol Hill. Republican Sen. Cynthia Lummis of Wyoming, who has said she plans to remain neutral in the primary for now, declared DeSantis to be the "leader" of the GOP after the 2022 midterm elections.
And for many Republicans, DeSantis represents the best shot at dislodging Trump as the party's standard-bearer after several disappointing election cycles.
Here are all of the prominent Republicans who have expressed support for DeSantis' 2024 campaign:
Kevin Stitt — the Oklahoma governor endorsed DeSantis in June, declaring at a campaign stop that the Florida governor is the "right guy" to take on President Joe Biden.
Five House members
Bob Good — the Virginia congressman, who refused to back Kevin McCarthy's speakership bid in January, endorsed DeSantis in a statement in early May, saying "strength in the face of adversity is needed more today than ever before."
Laurel Lee — the Florida congresswoman endorsed DeSantis in April, saying she "had the honor of witnessing firsthand his unparalleled leadership under pressure" when she served under DeSantis as Florida's Secretary of State.
Thomas Massie — the Kentucky congressman and outspoken libertarian endorsed DeSantis in April, saying he's been "honored to call Ron DeSantis a friend for over a decade."
Rich McCormick — the Georgia congressman endorsed DeSantis in May, saying in a Twitter video that the 2024 "election is about winning" and "who can earn victory in Georgia."
Chip Roy — the Texas congressman and House Freedom Caucus member endorsed DeSantis in an email to supporters in March, over two months before DeSantis announced, saying it's "time for younger, but proven, leadership to offer America eight solid years of transformational change."
This list is periodically updated as more Republican elected officials endorse DeSantis.
- JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon says he isn't afraid of China, but would leave if the US government told him to
- Charlie Munger once said he and Warren Buffett weren't interested in emulating Elon Musk: 'We don't want that much failure'
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Tax implications on income of a minor – What every parent should know
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- From hospitality to financial services – Top 10 industries for new startups in India
- The best apps and games of 2023, as per Apple
- Raymond independent directors say no law requires them to investigate matrimonial disputes