Here are all of Republican elected officials backing Ron DeSantis' 2024 presidential campaign
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is set to announce his presidential campaign on Wednesday.
- He already has the support of a handful of members of Congress.
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is set to announce his 2024 presidential campaign on Wednesday evening.
The most formidable challenger yet to former President Donald Trump, DeSantis is starting his campaign with the endorsement of a handful of Republicans on Capitol Hill.
Nonetheless, Trump over the last two months has locked up the support of most of the Republican House members from Florida — and he's garnered far more endorsements overall than DeSantis.
But the Florida governor has his admirers on Capitol Hill. Republican Sen. Cynthia Lummis of Wyoming, who has said she plans to remain neutral in the primary for now, declared DeSantis to be the "leader" of the GOP after the 2022 midterm elections.
And for many Republicans, DeSantis represents the best shot at dislodging Trump as the party's standard-bearer after several disappointing election cycles.
Here are all of the prominent Republicans who have expressed support for DeSantis' 2024 campaign:
Five House members
Bob Good — the Virginia congressman, who refused to back Kevin McCarthy's speakership bid in January, endorsed DeSantis in a statement in early May, saying "strength in the face of adversity is needed more today than ever before."
Laurel Lee — the Florida congresswoman endorsed DeSantis in April, saying she "had the honor of witnessing firsthand his unparalleled leadership under pressure" when she served under DeSantis as Florida's Secretary of State.
Thomas Massie — the Kentucky congressman and outspoken libertarian endorsed DeSantis in April, saying he's been "honored to call Ron DeSantis a friend for over a decade."
Rich McCormick — the Georgia congressman endorsed DeSantis in May, saying in a Twitter video that the 2024 "election is about winning" and "who can earn victory in Georgia."
Chip Roy — the Texas congressman and House Freedom Caucus member endorsed DeSantis in an email to supporters in March, over two months before DeSantis announced, saying it's "time for younger, but proven, leadership to offer America eight solid years of transformational change."
This list is periodically updated as more Republican elected officials endorse DeSantis.
- Air India passengers stranded in Siberia for 2 days were abandoned by the crew, had to sleep on the floor, and were only given bread and rice, relative says
- Foreign investors have been dumping vast amounts of Chinese assets, and putting money there will only get riskier
- Trump acted like 'the Godfather if it was reenacted by a 5-year-old' to try to keep his hands clean in Mar-a-Lago case: experts
- A complete itinerary for your 3 days in Srinagar
- List of famous things to buy in Munnar
- Ads that sailed into the eye of a controversy
- India tops world ranking in digital payments, records 89.5 million transactions in 2022: MyGovIndia
- Will regulate AI and ensure it doesn't harm digital citizens: Rajeev Chandrasekhar